MWobbler - Polymorph loud glitches when adjusting character

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there
seeing this on sale i tried the more esoteric filtering options but encountered this bug:
Set type to polymorph (any number) - adjusting the character slider leads to a massive distortion/bit-glitch sound (careful if you are trying to recreate this, sounds speaker-damaging). Is that a known bug?

I tried adjusting Character here but did not get any huge sound level.

But, NB (my underlining):
Character
Character controls the central character of the filter. Please note that it is used only for some filters. Character affects some additional filter specific features, such as dispersion of harmonics. For polymorph filters character actually controls the internal structure of the filter and any change to this value completely changes the algorithm providing maximum unique sound combinations. Therefore character modulation is not available for polymorph filters.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

DarkStar wrote:I tried adjusting Character here but did not get any huge sound level.

But, NB (my underlining):
Character
Character controls the central character of the filter. Please note that it is used only for some filters. Character affects some additional filter specific features, such as dispersion of harmonics. For polymorph filters character actually controls the internal structure of the filter and any change to this value completely changes the algorithm providing maximum unique sound combinations. Therefore character modulation is not available for polymorph filters.
Thanks for testing and the additional info (that i should have known already in the first place :dog:)

So i tested further, in Reaper this is only happening when adjusting while playing back audio. There are 0dB peaks amd digital distortions no matter how small the input volume.
In Bitwig it crackles with playback stopped, even on an empty project.
Looks like this:
Screenshot 2018-04-10 18.04.42.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “MeldaProduction”