New u-he Website - preview & testing

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

We're finally leaving our rushed mess behind which has served us nicely, but got a bit dated and difficult to maintain. After some considerable work, we're happy to start beta testing our new web presence:
WebSmall.jpg
https://preview.u-he.com

Note that there are still some placeholder text/images here and there. We're still optimizing some stuff, e.g. the "Hover over dots..." feature does not flip graphics yet, and there won't be a bilingual version in its first iteration.

Also, some products are marked as released which clearly are not yet. The release of the website will most likely coincide with the release of Diva and Zebra updates.

One major difference is, there is no "real" user account area to sign up and log into anymore. This website has minimal active content to meet modern privacy and security standards. We have been testing this system in another thread, and we think it'll be cool.

Lastly, the redeem system for registration codes from resellers is only a dummy in this preview. Please use the link provided by your reseller for now.

Anyhow, it's very close now - we'll update on the fly over the next few days - and we'd like to hear your thoughts and get feedback if you run into problems browsing it.

Cheers,

- Urs
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

If you find glitches / oddities it would be really helpful if you include your OS and browser version. And a screenshot would also be very welcome.

This new site works for mobile devices too, so please test with your phone / tablet.

Thanks,
Michael

Great job, it looks really nice on both desktop and mobile :tu:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Great!
Why when i choose PD in instruments, there is Zebra 2 too? I thought it only Bazille feature.

Suggestions:
1. Put Zoyd and LtmLab under one entry in the products drop-down list as "retired plugins"
2. Order the synths in alphabetical order
3. Consolidate all "limited" synths under their parents, e.g. Put Zebralette & Zebra CM under Zebra

In Support -> Downloads -> Latest Builds
You link to a KVR post with builds. I'm not sure, but aren't the builds listed there quite old?
Just to spare you from the confusing customers that expects they are running the latest and greatest Beta build.
I can't lie to you about your chances, but... you have my sympathies.

Stan Navi wrote:Why when i choose PD in instruments, there is Zebra 2 too? I thought it only Bazille feature.
Hm, yes… marginal: The oscillator spectral effects include a mode called "PhaseDist". The oscillator wave acts as a function for the phase of an inverse cosine, so it seems to be true phase distortion.

Now also securely browsable:

https://preview.u-he.com

8-)

Looks nice, and kudos especially for stating the prices on the product pages. That has really become rare these days... often you first have to click buy, and then you already get taken to the cart, or even to the checkout page.

Just FYI.......
Uhe 041818-1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Looks great, but I think the navigation could use improvement. For instance, if I just want to go to the Patchlib, I have to go to Community and scroll all the way down until I find the link for the Patchlib. If I were looking for press resources, I'd have to go to About and know there's a Press section down at the bottom. So using the top-menu, 1) I don't know what's in each section, and 2) I have to go to some other landing page, before I can actually go to the page I actually want (Community first - then Pathlib). The footer is actually the most direct way to get the lay of the land, but it's all the way down at the bottom and it wouldn't be the most obvious place for a user to look.

I think a sub-menu system off the top with more direct links would be the most intuitive (common) method for dealing with going directly to the page I want.

Coming and looking good Urs

Don't have much time to test in detail... just found this one by accident :D

- Page 'Synth Bundles': https://preview.u-he.com/products/bundl ... ynths.html
- Click 'Details & Download' for Repro 5
- Ended up at 'Filterscape': https://preview.u-he.com/products/filterscape/

Checked all the URLs for the synths in the synth bundle. No URL for 'Details & Downloads' is correct. E.g. Bazille is linked to Satin
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Teksonik wrote:Just FYI.......
Uhe 041818-1.png
That's just down to your browser preferences though.

chk071 wrote:
Teksonik wrote:Just FYI.......
Uhe 041818-1.png
That's just down to your browser preferences though.
Yup, very likely browser related. No such message here.
Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 16.50.41.png
Do you maybe have JavaScript or LocalStorage disabled?
Any over-enthusiastic ad or tracking blockers running?
stardustmedia wrote:Checked all the URLs for the synths in the synth bundle. No URL for 'Details & Downloads' is correct.
I've passed it on. Manual copy&paste problem, should be easily fixable. ;)
Last edited by #rob on Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

stardustmedia wrote:Coming and looking good Urs

Don't have much time to test in detail... just found this one by accident :D

- Page 'Synth Bundles': https://preview.u-he.com/products/bundl ... ynths.html
- Click 'Details & Download' for Repro 5
- Ended up at 'Filterscape': https://preview.u-he.com/products/filterscape/

Checked all the URLs for the synths in the synth bundle. No URL for 'Details & Downloads' is correct. E.g. Bazille is linked to Satin
Ah.. thanks. Fixed now.

For comparison.........
Uhe 041818-2.png

I have "Use Tracking Protection to block known trackers = Always" set in FF's Privacy and Security Options. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Return to “u-he”