roli seaboard rise equator software

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I saw one post referencing the seaboard working with receptor, but has anyone tried using the equator software on the receptor?
thanks!

Is seaboard not just a MIDI controller like any of the Keith Macmillan stuff? Is there not an editor?

The website says it's "compatible with music production software". Also, "what's in the box" includes:

Seaboard GRAND Stage.
Equator.
Strobe2.
Seaboard Dashboard.
Lightweight Bespoke Case.
USB Cable.
Power Supply.
GRAND Software in USB key.
Two Years Full Warranty.

I'm thinking that the Seaboard Dashboard is the editor for the thing. Likely you can't program it on the Receptor but you can on a separate computer and it will hold the PC, CC, note values etc.
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

The grand has the equator in the hardware so it is actually a synth; the editor is for that hardware. The other lesser seaboard models are only controllers with equator as software-only on a computer.

I have been enjoying using the seaboard block with Receptor-it definitely expands the possibilities for melodic instrument expressiveness. I have not actually tried to install the Equator software, which is a synth program designed by Roli to specifically to take full advantage of the parameters that the seaboard sends, as I have been happy using it with the instruments that I already have working solidly, mainly Sample modeling cello/flute/violin, along with a few NI instruments (electric bass works particularly well with it).

The thing that makes the seaboard awkward for the way that I use receptor is that you need to have any instrument you are using be set up to receive midi on multiple channels. I use several controllers; percussion, keyboard, and guitar, and part of how I have made it work is have the controllers use separate channels, but I have made some adaptations to make it work.

Return to “Muse Research and Development”