List of plugins with faux wood

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Audiority wrote:That's absolutely true! My best selling plugins have the fakest wood in the GUI :lol:
I'm sure Echoes T7E will beat them eventually. It sounds (and looks!) so authentic.. I love modelled vintage analog tape (and bucket-brigade) delays and I'm really impressed by this, Audiority! :love:
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Some more I found:

All Audiocation plugins
IL Pitcher, Autogun, GMS & Fruity Slayer
Softube TSAR-1/TSAR-1R
Sir Elliot 1961A
elogoXa Baxxpander
Distorque Azurite
Krakli CMorgan
Euthymia Electronic Organ V2
Iliadis VH-1 & VH-2
TruePianos (I'm counting the inside of the piano on 'basic interface')
IK Miroslav Philharmonik V1 & V2
MinimogueVA
rgcaudio Pentagon I, Square I, Triangle I & Triangle II
GForce M-Tron Pro (Chambertron expansion mode)
NI Pro-52 & Pro-53
iZotope Stutter Edit

Right, off to make myself useful :hihi:

This is my favourite thread ever.

That said, in a few years, there'll be a "faux brushed aluminium" thread, and I'll be on the receiving end for some of my old deeds.

In any case, this is great. :D

Dave.
[ DMGAudio ] | [ DMGAudio Blog ] | dave AT dmgaudio DOT com

It's interesting when laid out like this, just how many there are :o

The next thread will be about faux glowing tubes ?    8)
ImageImage

audiosabre wrote:Some more I found:

All Audiocation plugins
IL Pitcher, Autogun, GMS & Fruity Slayer
Softube TSAR-1/TSAR-1R
Sir Elliot 1961A
elogoXa Baxxpander
Distorque Azurite
Krakli CMorgan
Euthymia Electronic Organ V2
Iliadis VH-1 & VH-2
TruePianos (I'm counting the inside of the piano on 'basic interface')
IK Miroslav Philharmonik V1 & V2
MinimogueVA
rgcaudio Pentagon I, Square I, Triangle I & Triangle II
GForce M-Tron Pro (Chambertron expansion mode)
NI Pro-52 & Pro-53
iZotope Stutter Edit

Right, off to make myself useful :hihi:
No. Softube's TSAR-1/TSAR-1R have wood *backgrounds* not wood panels. Not even the same. A bunch of their plugins have that fake wood background, but you can tell because the plugins aren't nearly as warm as they claim.

dangayle wrote:No. Softube's TSAR-1/TSAR-1R have wood *backgrounds* not wood panels. Not even the same. A bunch of their plugins have that fake wood background, but you can tell because the plugins aren't nearly as warm as they claim.
You're defining the 'plugin' as an object visualised on the interface. I define the whole interface as the 'plugin', so if it was wood visualised on/in it, it's a 'plugin with faux wood'. Wouldn't wood (I assume it's) flooring affect the color of the reverb reflections? So it does contribute to the sound of TSAR-1 after all 8) :clown:

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

audiosabre wrote:
dangayle wrote:No. Softube's TSAR-1/TSAR-1R have wood *backgrounds* not wood panels. Not even the same. A bunch of their plugins have that fake wood background, but you can tell because the plugins aren't nearly as warm as they claim.
You're defining the 'plugin' as an object visualised on the interface. I define the whole interface as the 'plugin', so if it was wood visualised on/in it, it's a 'plugin with faux wood'. Wouldn't wood (I assume it's) flooring affect the color of the reverb reflections? So it does contribute to the sound of TSAR-1 after all 8) :clown:
I think Softube should re-think their GUIs and put the wood where it belongs.

You should all be ashamed. Faux wood is a precious resource that is unfortunately under assault by multinational black market criminal syndicates, and developers know damn well that importing faux wood into GUIs violates established international trade and environmental laws! Faux wood forests across the globe are being decimated at an unprecedented rate. And for what? A fancy GUI? I for one have BOYCOTTED all plugins incorporating faux wood, and I ask you all to look inward and ask yourselves: do I want to be an enabler of this tragic exploitation of faux resources? Please, consider plugins incorporating a man-made alternative, such as brushed aluminum, bronze, steel diamond plate, et al. You will feel better about yourself knowing that you are doing the world a great service by protecting our most precious of resources.
You need to limit that rez, bro.

kbaccki wrote:You should all be ashamed. Faux wood is a precious resource that is unfortunately under assault by multinational black market criminal syndicates, and developers know damn well that importing faux wood into GUIs violates established international trade and environmental laws! Faux wood forests across the globe are being decimated at an unprecedented rate. And for what? A fancy GUI? I for one have BOYCOTTED all plugins incorporating faux wood, and I ask you all to look inward and ask yourselves: do I want to be an enabler of this tragic exploitation of faux resources? Please, consider plugins incorporating a man-made alternative, such as brushed aluminum, bronze, steel diamond plate, et al. You will feel better about yourself knowing that you are doing the world a great service by protecting our most precious of resources.
You say what you want, but faux faux wood just doesn't sound as warm as real faux wood.

WOK wrote:The next thread will be about faux glowing tubes ?    8)
Will it include hardware, too? On some gear they put a small lamp to simulate the glowing of the tubes (found on starved plate designs, but also on some high voltage devices... :roll: )

Back on this thread: even if it's not a plugin but an actual piece of hardware, I must mention the DrumBrute and its wood sides made of plastic.
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

kbaccki wrote:You should all be ashamed. Faux wood is a precious resource that is unfortunately under assault by multinational black market criminal syndicates, and developers know damn well that importing faux wood into GUIs violates established international trade and environmental laws! Faux wood forests across the globe are being decimated at an unprecedented rate. And for what? A fancy GUI? I for one have BOYCOTTED all plugins incorporating faux wood, and I ask you all to look inward and ask yourselves: do I want to be an enabler of this tragic exploitation of faux resources? Please, consider plugins incorporating a man-made alternative, such as brushed aluminum, bronze, steel diamond plate, et al. You will feel better about yourself knowing that you are doing the world a great service by protecting our most precious of resources.
And on top of that, many producers use cracked plugins which don't include the required CITES certificates you need to present at customs when travelling abroad with plugins containing faux wood.

If any of you criminals read this, remember it's your own fault when you sit in a damp prison in some forgotten border town for illegal trafficking of endangered faux wood species.

Vortifex wrote:Do DAWs count?
In case they do:

Return to “Effects”