Receptor, iLok, Z3ta+ license issue

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi people

I had a Receptor with Cakewalk's Z3ta+ on it with the license on an iLok USB device. However, I have since lost that iLok. I thought, seeing as I could see the Z3ta+ license on my iLok account, I would simply be able to transfer the license onto my new iLok. When I tried this through the iLok License Manager app, it asked for the original iLok device to be inserted before I could transfer the license. Obviously, without that original iLok I have been unable to transfer. I proceeded to report the original device as lost, in which case iLok then lock out the originally registered iLok device so no one can use it, including myself if it turns up.I sent an email to iLok explaining the situation and they said I needed to contact the original software developer (Cakewalk) to get a newly issued license, as they were not allowed to do so without permission. However, when I contacted Cakewalk, they said that they had no idea what a Receptorised version of their software is, and that I should contact MUSE. I explained that MUSE is no longer in existence, so help is unavailable. I went back to iLok and explained this new situation. They again said they were not able to authorise the transfer of the license that I have already bought and paid for! I am not trying to rip anyone off here. Ilok have already locked out the original iLok device, Cakewalk are pleading ignorance, and MUSE can't be reached. I have gone back to Cakewalk and asked if they will kindly contact iLok and give their permission for me to use the software that they can see I bought from them through my online registration. I await their response, but don't hold out much hope! Anyone here offer any other solution to this problem? I want to use my legitimate license on my new iLok so I can use my favourite plugin on my Receptor. Help!!!

You should have no need for a receptorized installer because you (or muse, or whomever) have already installed it on your receptor.

All you need is an ilok authorization, and Cakewalk should be able to help you with that. The auth. is not a special "receptorized" auth, it's the same as any ilok auth, for any app.

Hi, thanks for the reply. That's exactly what I thought, but both Cakewalk and iLok are passing the buck and not accepting responsibility! Surely iLok should allow me to simply copy my license from the old, lost iLok (reported as such and now locked, so they know I can't benefit from copying another license, or whatever!) Cakewalk also are aware that I have purchased their software, so should be able to see that I am not trying to scam a license authorisation out of them! This is the last email I had from Cakewalk:

Hi Daniel,

I did some investigations around the office and asked some senior 17+ year employees regarding your situation. We dug through old case logs and store records. I've been with the company almost 9 years as well.

None of us are aware of can find any evidence of Z3TA+ factory loaded on those MUSE devices, iLok authorization, or cross grades of our products to PACE's licensing store.

This looks like something entirely setup via Muse Research.

We're sorry that we can't provide any more information pertaining to this matter. If you find any more information, please let us know incase this ever pops up in the future with another user.

Best regards,

Seth Kellogg
Cakewalk, Inc.
http://www.cakewalk.com | http://www.cakewalk.com/support

This is also the last email I had from iLok:

Hello dan

I did some research into this and at http://www.museresearch.com/products/plug-ins.php it says that it was a plugin in demo mode provided with the Receptor. Unfortunately we are not authorized to issue replacement licenses for a lost or stolen iLok unless the iLok has Theft and Loss Coverage. Even if the actual software owner is not able to help you with their Z3TA+ software and their licensing we are still not able to replace the licenses.

Understand that the software publishers are the only ones capable of licensing their products. PACE merely builds the infrastructure for the software publishers to distribute their products in the way that is consistent with their licensing terms.

Best Regards,
Jon Marshall
iLok.com Technical Support
< www.ilok.com>

Since I emailed Cakewalk on 8th Nov. to ask if they can simply give their permission to iLok to allow the transfer of my license to my new iLok I have not heard a thing! Very annoying.

Hmmm. that sucks. I wouldn't expect Ilok to have a solution for you as they are really only an "escrow" house for licenses, but if you have some proof of purchase (for instance, a record of ownership, e.g. an ilok-- lost or not) I would think cakewalk would be able to provide a new auth to your account.

Sorry for your troubles.

Return to “Muse Research and Development”