ReValver!!! Who is familiar? Does your VST host module within the plugin work?

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Who here uses the Peavey ReValver?
There is a module you can load into their rack that allows you to load in 3rd party plugins. I sent a message off to Peavey a couple years back - no response. I just tried again. We'll see what support they have for an unsupported product.
I think it's a Receptor issue however. The ReValver plugin loads into the Rack Mode GUI fine (as I've been using it for years) and the VST module loads into the ReValver rack but when I click on the LOAD button in the module the entire Receptor crashes and restarts.

Anyone?
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

It worked fine for me a few years ago. I was on Reaper 4.x and revalver 3he. Reaper was 64bit. I used the built in 32 bit bridge thst reaper has. Worked on both Win 7 and mac SL and Mavericks.
We jumped the fence because it was a fence not be cause the grass was greener.
https://scrubbingmonkeys.bandcamp.com/
https://sites.google.com/view/scrubbing-monkeys

Vague recollection that I COULD load some vsts into revalver
on my receptor. Not the one I really needed though--that one definitely crashed my muse. I don't usually use it but I'll boot up tonight and see if I was mistaken.

Short answer, Yes I can successfully load some VST's into the Revalver host slot. Some of the trickier ones (mobius, Rehearse,and others) will lock it up though.

I am only running the 32bit Revalver on my R2classic
and same 32bit on my VIP running in 64bit with Bridge mode ON

Is there a specific plugin you want to run?
I have found generally that if it won't run in receptor host it will not work any better in the Revalver slot.

What about wrapping it within a VST sub host such as Bidule, Vstforx, EnergyXT etc
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKus, have you installed and instantiated any of the hosts you mentioned? I thought about it but never tried. John Rule reprogrammed a Receptor to run Windows directly and then installed Bidule. Apparently the VST Module that comes in the ReValver HP was designed by Steinberg.
Glad to hear that plethoraguy has gotten it to work. There are lots of additional stock Receptor plugins to put in there. I think my original idea was to use it as a workaround for the updated GUI.
Peavey did reply and said to uninstall/reinstall the update. I'm curious, though. Stock Receptors came with ReValverHP and there is an update on the Peavey site for either HP demo or HPse.
I think this is too much of a bother.
I'ma go make music now.
Fish Out Of Water
Entune Productions

^
Sorry, I don have a Receptor to test this
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Return to “Muse Research and Development”