Crossovers - 6dB A vs B?

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The new 6dB slope crossovers in the beta... what's the difference between A and B?

I've gone through the help and there's no clarity as to what they represent... any ideas?

Looking at it in MXXX with a pink noise generator and multianalyzer, it seems to be related to how the high frequencies are handled.

A seems like A will cause a harsh drop around the nyquist (much like all melda filters). In the below, from a 48khz session, note the harsher drop off on the far right
A 48kz.jpg
This can be resolved by using oversampling, in this case 2x. Note the far right now doesn't drop off as harshly:
A 96khz.jpg
B on the other hand, seems to resemble A at oversampled rates but with a slight 'shelf' like quality. Note the similarity between B and A oversampled in the right hand side:
B 48khz.jpg
I also tried B oversampled and it looks pretty similar to B.

So, the question is, why bother with A and B? Curious to know what Vojtech says.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

This shows the 2 crossovers on top of each other. Red is A and Green is B.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

As you can see in the previous picture the crossover is set exactly halfway (632.5hz) but as the 6db per octave is not steep the most interesting differences between A and B extend beyond the audible frequency range.

So in this second picture it shows two crossovers at the same time one at 20hz and one at 20,000hz. This now shows some more differences between the two. Same colours as before.

And finally just if anyone was interested, I thought I'd show ALL the slopes at the same time!

Hehe so many colorful images! :D
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

THANK YOU again, for this addition. The 6db filters were the most important thing missing for making my sound sweet! I love 6 db crossovers with compressors. That was a big step forward now for me with using MELDA !!!!

Thank you! :love:
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Return to “MeldaProduction”