Valhalla DSP on iOS?

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just poking this thread to see if you've been watching the iOS Space. I have quite a few Reverbs on iOS but I would love to see your work on the platform. Not sure how easy it is to port over the AU version from OS X to iOS but I know there would be an interest. So far the big Reverbs are from Amazing Noises, fabFilter (though it only works in Auria) and Versyn and others...

Anyway, I love your stuff on desktop and use it...but man, I'd love to drop a Valhalla Shimmer into AUM on my Moog Model 15 being driven by Fugue Machine and tweaked by Lemur.

Keep up the great work. Let me know if you have questions.

Cheers,
-policarpo

policarpo wrote:Not sure how easy it is to port over the AU version from OS X to iOS but I know there would be an interest.
I think the issue here is not the technical issue of making an iOS port as much as it’s an economics issue. A Valhalla reverb is a quality reverb that’s worth more than the $50 it sells for. There isn’t a reverb for the iPad that costs more than $15 (and in the case of that $15 AD 480 “Pro”, it’s a pro upgrade of a free product). There’s a reason why only a few bit players are making reverbs for the iPad, while the pros (Lexicon, Valhalla, Exponential, 2CAudio, TC Electronic, etc.) aren’t touching the iPad market with a ten foot pole.
Sam Trenholme — Software developer, electronic musician — Listen to my music: http://caulixtla.com/music

At least you can get one (or a few) of the reverb algorithms now on iOS via AudioDamage EOS 2.
Funny it was mentioned that one of AD other iOS apps outsold the desktop counterpart in numbers by 4 times.
So maybe developers should start to wake up :D

Return to “Valhalla DSP”