Open "Params Map" on a pop window with pages

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
PatchWork Reverberate 3

Hi

Lately I spend a lot of time with PatchWork, and if there's is a feature that I think it should have, it's that on the Params Map, it shows a window with pages or something similar, instead of a cascade menu... some plugins have hundreds of params (like the VSTs from "MeldaProductions"), and sometimes, the ones that I look for are at the very very bottom... and it takes FOREVER scrolling down for select each one and do the assignments. Also, I tried to do it editing the .preset file since it can be open with notepad2 (which is great!). One parameter had the line: <m0 pluginPropIndex="8" paramIndex="769"/>
The one that I wanted to add was after this one, so I added <m1 pluginPropIndex="8" paramIndex="770"/> but it doesn't worked.

If PatchWork has a pop up windows like the one that Xlutop Chainer use, it really would help to make the assignments faster!
And btw, the option to map the ON/OFF of each VST (including the ones on PRE and POST) will also be welcome !

It is indeed not an easy thing for plug-ins that have tons of parameters (maybe just too many? ;-)). We are looking at several things that may simplify this in the future.

A pop-up window like this one with a scrollbar will be great!
ParamsMap.jpg

And the same or something like this for the Presets window :hyper:
sshot-1.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

We are currently looking at what would work best vs cost... Maybe submenus with limited number of params for each would work?

One thing that gonna be a time saver for sure, is keep open the Parameters list after an assignament is done, because is closed after that and I have to start agaaaaain all the process: Click on the slot -> Param Map -> Scroooll dooooown -> Select :(
Definelly, save the world from this !
A X can be added on the upper-right corner of the list for close it when all the assignaments are finished!

Doesn't the "learn" function work for you? When it's on, just click on (and sometimes move) the controls in the plug-in GUI to add them.

That's actually the preferred method when adding more than one parameter, or when using a plug in with many parameters that can be difficult to find...

It be ridiculous that at this point I didn't know use the Learn function, I rather "abuse" of it :lol: The common controls that appear on the VST GUI are the first ones that I add on the fly using midi learn, as everybody does, but there are some specific parameters that are not there. For example, Revererate 2 from LiquidSonics don't receive so far Program Change or MSB-LSB MIDI messages for switch the presets on a bank (I requested the feature for a future release). At least they added a parameter (called "Prog#Sel), which not appear anywhere on the GUI or scrolling through its parameters list on "Settings" -> "MIDI Assign", but only on the host assignments list, like PW's Parameter Map. Once is mapped, I just save the preset on PW and I don't have to worry anymore about re-assign it, but this is just an example that come to mind, there are more!
Reverberate.png
A dedicated window like "Control Input", but for the parameters of the VST will be really cool for do the assignments, independent from the main one: Click on the slot -> Params Map -> and it opens as "VST Control Input" ! :)
PW VST Settings.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”