Strange bounce/freeze behaviour when hosting VB3 in PatchWork

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When hosting VB3 (the excellent Hammond organ VSTi from genuinesoundware.com) in PatchWork, there is peculiar behaviour when bouncing or freezing the track to audio. Audio notes are sometimes/inconsistently later or earlier than the MIDI notes. It's not by an enormous amount - I have to zoom in to confirm it visually - but it's enough to spoil groove/feel when playing faster stuff.

I am hosting VB3 64-bit VST, version 1.4, in PatchWork 1.71, in Pro Tools 12.4, Windows 8.1. (There is no AAX version of VB3, hence the need to use Patchwork.)

I have confirmed that the issue also happens in Reaper 5.16. I don't actually need to use PatchWork in Reaper as I can use the VB3 VST plugin directly - this was just to rule out this being a specifically Pro Tools issue. When I do use the VB3 plugin directly in Reaper, the track freezes perfectly.

I don't experience this issue with any other VSTi hosted in PatchWork.

Any help would be much appreciated. As a workaround, I can of course export Pro Tools MIDI for my VB3 tracks into Reaper, freeze there, and then import back into Pro Tools, but it's a pain...

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. If it does not happen with other VSTis, I guess they are doing something specific with MIDI events. Have you checked with them if they are doing anything special?

Also, does it only happen with bounce/freeze, or can you also hear the difference during playback?

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”