How do I assign sounds to midi channels of my multitimbral external synthesizer ?

Official support for: energy-xt.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Many thanks Patrik. Have a nice week-end !

Dear Patrick,

I hope you are doing fine.

1/in sequencer mode, let’s say I want to assign automatic random velocity values to notes in a range beetween 90 to 127 . How should I proceed ?

2/ inside a part, I wanna have velocity values slowly graduating from 1 to 127. How do I do it ?

All my thanks in advance.

Jean-Philippe

Hello Jean-Philippe,

thanks, I'm doing fine.
I guess you want to edit velocity of already recorded/entered midi notes?
energyXT 2.x doesn't have special tools for post processing midi velocities, it only allows for drawing lines/curves or to manually adjust velocity values.
For drawing lines (e.g. to be near something like 0-127 within a part) just either select all notes or deselect all notes in a part and then draw a line from the left bottom to the top right in the velocity area while holding down the left mouse button. This works more exactly if you enlarge the height of the velocity area. You can use this method inline in the sequencer as well as in the part editor window which you get when you double click on the header of a part. Expanding the height of the velocity area works slightly different inline and in the part editor, but you'll find out how to do this soon.
In the part editor you also may want to show the event list, where you can see the velocities of all notes and also watch them change when you draw a line. To show the event list in the part editor, press the most left icon in the toolbar.
For your 1st question you may want to draw a horizontal line at the height of about e.g 105 and then either select single notes and enter values between 90 and 127 in the object bar at the top or - while no note is selected - just adjust the velocities of single notes by moving the mouse up or down over a velocity bar while pressing the left mouse button. Having the event list open in the part editor while doing so may help since you immediately see the velocity value change.
Sorry, this is all I can say about post editing of velocities in energyXT 2.x. Some manual work has to be done.
Hope this helps,
Patrik

Return to “energyXT”