Routing separate MIDI tracks to a single plugin for drums

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This has been blowing my mind for a while.

I want to be able to trigger different drum parts individually, but maintain them in a single plugin. I've read elsewhere on the forum that if you put an instrument device on a group track, it will receive MIDI from all the tracks in that group.

The fact that all the instrument tracks have 'Group Master' as their selected outputs seems to confirm this.

However, nothing comes out from the instrument on the group, nor does it recognize any input. I noticed that by default the group track has 'No inputs' selected. But there doesn't seem to be a way to select "All routed inputs" or something similar -- only one input can be selected, and still when I select a subtrack's output as the input it still doesn't work!

Am I missing something here? I've been working around this by copying the drum machine to separate tracks, but I would love to understand the proper way to do this... I feel like there is just some small switch I need to toggle somewhere, since I don't usually see people having this issue. :help:

"The fact that all the instrument tracks have 'Group Master' as their selected outputs seems to confirm this."

the last one in the dropdown the "Notes to tracks" ones
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

This is an example for Maschine plug-in, but it might help...
https://youtu.be/B0fB6PmhMDc

Thanks xbitz and Uplay!

This is indeed the fix... It's so obvious, after you've pointed it out!

This will definitely assist me in my experiments with multi timbral VSTs as well...

Return to “Bitwig”