update question...

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

so the thread in the other forum reminded me that i havent updated in a while.

im currently on version 2.2.

there is stated information about possible conflicts with older versions when updating to 2.5:

"It only affects to Windows users and only to few hosts. The solution of this problem may do that older saved project in your host won't find Nora when loading. To solve this you must:

1. Save the Nora Project (*.npj) with Nora 2.54 or your current version of every song you have.
2. Uninstall Nora 2.54 and install 2.55.
3. Load your projects and add Nora 2.55 to replace the missing plugin, then load the *.npj. "

can you post a list of which hosts are affected?

im using win7 and fl studio...fl studio is kind of finicky about these things...should i be concerned about this?

i have quite a few projects and manually going through them all to see if i used nora is a huge pita...let alone then having to individually save projects and such.

also is there any chance this will be corrected in the future so we wont have to use this workaround?

ill gladly wait rather than risk breaking a bunch of stuff.
ImageImageImage

Unfortunately it is impossible. Each plugin has its own "number plate" and we had to change the Nora one, because I did the mistake of use a generic one, so some host had conflicts when using two or more plugins with the same tag. However I'm going to give you a couple of tips.

Try to update and test your project (Do not forget refresh / reload the plugins in your DAW). Some DAWs will load flawesly Nora. But if this isn't the case, you could install 2.20 or 2.54 (the last version with the old number plate), in a different folder and open both instances simultaneously to ease your work of "upgrading" your projects. If you install both, when you want to uninstall the old version, just delete its folder/files or the preset folder may be deleted. Nora do not write any file outside its folder.

I'm really sorry this error, it will not happen again.

ok...i was thinking about just installing 2.5 to a new folder. thnx for the info...that works for me.
ImageImageImage

Return to “Squaredheads”