question about 'Nora Tutorial 7: Creating Phrases, Pt.1' video

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Question about video 'Nora tutorial 7: creating phrases, pt.1'

link video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of6WKsZJvvk

how to copy a phrase in nora track and then paste it in another instrument track
with the same operational way as flstudio in studio one3 ????

thank you!

Hi,
left click + hold the phrase,
start to drag (move) phrase then press to "Control" while dragging,
then release the mouse first ...after that release the keyboard Ctrl.
Done

but the condition is
''the nora track should not be disformed, when the instrument track is note-edited."
and
"the instrument track should not sound by a edited phrase in the track itself"
like flstudio.

I'm not sure if I understood your question. That video is showing two Nora instances, each of them trigger a different instrument. This is a perfectly ok and basic way to work with Nora without the advanced sequencing tools (Pattern Editor and Playlist).

As far as I know, you can do the same thing in Studio One, but as I told you, I'm not sure about your question. Please, could you explain it in other way?

thank you! for answering

flstudio

studio one3

I understand now. This is a problem about how the different DAWs manage their clips. In terms of Nora, the most of the daws use unique copies when you clone clips, but in this case, you're using Phantom copies in Studio One.

Do you see the little pacman-ghost in the bottom of each clip? That's how Studio One warns you about it. Nora uses a circle. I'm not sure how they are called in Studio One, maybe reference copies or ghost copies. Anyway: it should be a way to make them unique.

I did a quick search in the Studio One unoficial manual:

Code: Select all

If you want to duplicate an
Instrument Part and link the content of the duplicates to that of the original Part, select the Part
and choose Duplicate Shared from the Edit menu, or press [Shift] + [D] on the keyboard. A
ghost icon appears on the original Part and any Shared duplicates, to alert you that those
copies are now Shared. Any edits made to the original Part or a Shared copy are applied to all
instances of that Part.
If you later decide you wish to edit one of the Shared copies of a Part individually, select it and
choose Separate Shared Copies from the Event menu. The ghost icon disappears from that
Part to alert you that the copy is no longer Shared, and can be edited without affecting the
other copies.

I did it as manual explanation.
but, it seems not to apply to studio one.
anyway, thank you!

I decided to make two different nora tracks.
one thing is a chord track, and the other thing is a scale track
because there are instruments which need a scale in a 1bar, not a chord
because I am not good at playing piano as to recording play for making melody.

anyway, thank you!

Return to “Squaredheads”