Nora bug in Bitwig

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Any news about notes in Nora getting stuck when the UI is close in Bitwig?

Thanks!

I've been investigating it the last week and this one and this what I've discovered so far. The bug is happening because the information of time is wrong when the UI is closed. I've digging in the code until I've reach the point where my VSTWrapper get in touch with the VSTSDK, and it seems that my VSTWrapper isn't receiving the right time either, so at the moment I'm thinking into three alternatives:

a) There is a bug with Bitwig that doesn't send the proper time in seconds to the audioplayhead when the UI is closed.
b) There is a bug with VST2.4 when it's working in another process and it's editor it's closed (weird but possible).
c) There is a bug with my VSTWrapper.

I continue researching.

I think Bitwig is "disabling" the processing when it's not receiving changes in the midi information. Please try this example:

In bitwig, use a long, 4 bar, note like this:

Now, if you press "play" you will notice the bug, right? Now let's introduce some changes that do not alter the Nora behavior. Since we're using only 1 note, a second note won't have any effect in Nora. So write something like this:

Notice how now it works flawesly.

In my test I've noticed Bitwig stops doing plugin calls if it doesn't receive any midi event in exactly 2 seconds at 110 BPM. Writting this aditional notes forces Bitwig to do not disable the calls.

I think this 2-seconds disable is provocated by Bitwig (maybe to save resources?). Do you know something about this? Other DAWs don't do this.

Just right-click the plugin and set auto suspend to off!

Cheers,
Dom

Thanks, I've tried myself but it seems it doesn't work. Maybe Bitwig continue suspending plugins that does not send any audio output. I've emailed you with some technical stuff and a couple of ideas :)

Thanks Juan! Also thanks for the e-mail, top-notch customer support! :tu:

Return to “Squaredheads”