"Takeover Mode" for assigned MIDI controls to avoid sudden jumps in values?

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

I'm evaluating Cantabile Performer in a hard live performance envirement. I'm very happy with it and I'm on the brink to by the licence :-)
The only thing that holds me from purchasing it is a very important feature for live performance wich is missing:

Whats missing is a "Takeover Mode" for assigned MIDI controls (such as faders) in order to avoid sudden jumps in values that will occur when moving a control for the first time after switching to a new sub-session.
Software like Ableton and Mainstage have such a feature: Moving the assigned physical control has no effect (and no sudden jumps) until it reaches the value of its assigned parameter. As soon as they are equal, the destination value tracks the control’s value 1:1. This would provide smooth value changes.

I thing this can be easyly implemented by a patch (as a general parameter placed at the options window) without an issue of a whole Cantabile new version.

My quastion:
Is a feature like this on Your list for the next patches?
If so, when does it come?

Please let me know. Because otherwise I unfortunately have to go to Apple Mainstage (what I'm trying to avoid)

For a short answer I would be very grateful.

Greetings, Dave

Hi,

1) afaik there is no such functionality implemented in cantabile 2

2) atm cantabile 3 is on the way to release (but will definitely take several weeks ). One of the stories on the storyboard is named "midi assigments jump prevent". I prosume this is what you describe as "take over".

As I like the idea very much, I voted for it. So maybe this will be implemented in near future. Btw: the releases of c3 I tested till now look extremly promising, so: if you already like c2 you definiteky should think twice to go for main stage ... ;-)

Regards, humphrey
hosts: c8.5, cantabile3.0, forte4.0, live 9, trakor
hardware: i7 4770k, i7 4702qm, all audio converters RME, KH120A
vsts / vstis: u-he, voxengo, fabfilter, izotope, lexicon, waves, spectrasonics, ni, steinberg, gsi, uvi, xfer & others

Thanks much, humphrey, for the prompt answer.

"midi assigments jump prevent" is what I mean. Good to know that you already have it on your list.
Looking forward to seeing this feature in the next release.

Greetings, Dave

My controller keyboard ( Novation Remote 25 LE ) has that option built into itself, maybe yours has too, worth a look.
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

Return to “Topten Software”