Bitwig + Zen + Diva --> Crash

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

the Bitwig-Audio-Engine crashes as soon as i select a preset of Diva.

I am on a Win7 64 bit system, offline computer for music making.

BR

Patient: Doctor, my arm hurts when I do this <man waves arm around>
Doctor: Quit doing that <charges man $500>
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

what hardware do you run ? cause Diva is a Diva and it takes some power to run it smooth...

i do get some crackles but the audio engine does not crash, but i just tried the demo..

SJ_Digriz wrote:Patient: Doctor, my arm hurts when I do this <man waves arm around>
Doctor: Quit doing that <charges man $500>
Patient: <complaints to his mother for the poor product qualitiy>

Beerhunter wrote:what hardware do you run ? cause Diva is a Diva and it takes some power to run it smooth...

i do get some crackles but the audio engine does not crash, but i just tried the demo..
It's probably not my hardware, because it runs smooth in FL Studio (direct or via zen) and in Bitwig (only direct).

Just to make it clear: Zen runs Diva flawless in FL Studio, but not in Bitwig.

So far:

Zen runs these plugs (all 64 bit) in Bitwig:
+FM 8
+Kontakt
+Massive
+Absynth
+Synth 1
+Reaktor
+Nemesis

These plugs (all 64 bit) produce crashes in Bitwig (only in Zen):

-Diva
-Unique

Probably it is more a Bitwig than a Zen problem, but i hoped maybe sb. already has experience regarding Bitwig and Zen. Will definitely write Bitwig Tech support as well.

I wish I could backport all the changes done for Akai's VIP, back to Zen. That one runs Diva perfectly in Bitwig.
It's very unlikely to happen though, as these changes belong to Akai :(

Big Tick wrote:I wish I could backport all the changes done for Akai's VIP, back to Zen. That one runs Diva perfectly in Bitwig.
It's very unlikely to happen though, as these changes belong to Akai :(
Sorry, i am not sure if i understand right.

Do you mean...
...(1) that Bitwig has been modified for Akai VIP compatibility, or...
...(2) that you have modified Zen?

If it would be answer no. 2, would it be possible to get an older Zen-Version that runs Bitwig+Zen+Diva?

What I mean is that Zen has evolved into Akai's VIP (which works well with Bitwig), but all the associated changes belong to Akai.

Return to “Big Tick”