Soloist breathing noises

Official support for: patchpool.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have been mocking soloists who I worked with all my life, especially string players (cellists are the worst) who with every expressive phrase they play breath out/in deeply adding a phenomenal background noise to their own performance. This is alright in a large concert hall where the white breathing noise blends well with the reverb of the hall, but in a studio environment when sampling it´s totally obsolete, and I've spent days of my life removing breathing noises from samples with RX1/2 and now 3 which works the best by far.

So today I recorded some acoustic guitar phrases myself, and guess what, every single recording had those expressive breathing noises on it, I had to laugh so hard, I was nearly crying. I had been totally unaware of my breathing whilst playing and so I spent some hours removing my own breathing noises from those samples. I guess I've learned something about musical expressiveness in conjunction with heavy breathing :D :party: :help: :phones:

I've experienced similar problems in the past, funny post. Perhaps it's time to develop a soundproof helmet for recording instrumentalist samples, with this helmet all breathing noises will be damped, special baffles in the helmet could be set to cancel the correct frequencies so the Helmets shell needed be too heavy.

An added feature would be to air line in feed high grad mountain air with a touch of laughing gas to keep those grumpy musicians happy..
waves break, but somehow it all makes sense.

TwoToneshuzz wrote:I've experienced similar problems in the past, funny post. Perhaps it's time to develop a soundproof helmet for recording instrumentalist samples, with this helmet all breathing noises will be damped, special baffles in the helmet could be set to cancel the correct frequencies so the Helmets shell needed be too heavy.

An added feature would be to air line in feed high grad mountain air with a touch of laughing gas to keep those grumpy musicians happy..
Nice idea :)
I'll try to get a hardware manufacturer onto this idea who will then license your idea and we can start some big business together.

Return to “patchpool”