Old Black Grand issues

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello. First, let me say that I adore the sound of this sampled instrument. I can only imagine how gorgeous this Pleyel piano must have sounded live. I just bought it, and I'm having a great deal of fun playing it, but there are issues. There is a hiss sound in almost all of the highest two octaves' keys, and it even occurs on occasion in lower registers. Please tell me that you plan to fix this. It is a nearly perfect instrument to bask in for hours, but this sample hiss defiles its beauty. I also own the 250gig EastWest Quantum Leap pianos, and as beautiful as they can be, I feel that your 12gig Pleyel could overshadow them for me if this problem were fixed.

There is also a problem with clicks if the cache isn't set to 0. I have a powerful computer and a 7200RPM drive, and it took me a while of experimenting to figure out that cache had to be set to 0 to avoid the clicks.

Finally, why can't I find a manual on this? It may be simple for many to figure out, but not for me, and I'd rather not have to guess at what the knobs and settings mean.

Again, it is a very beautiful piano. For the sake of piano players everywhere, I'm begging you to make it perfect. I wouldn't care if it weren't as beautiful as it is.

Thank you for creating the library!

Hi,

I just want to make sure what Hiss you are talking about...
Maybe there is some room noise and we can lower that a bit, but unless you push the volume up a lot, it is very quiet...
Could you send us an example of this (to our email address, samples (at) acousticsamples.com)?

About the Manual, it is on the product page, there is a pdf icon right under the price.

About the clicks with the cache, it's very weird, i contacted UVI about this, and they answered that some HD are too quick to go to sleep mode which means that the more effective the cache is, the less access to the HD are made which results in clicks when the HD goes to sleep.
Maybe you can deactivate the slep mode on your HD, but this is a very rare issue (actually the first time we've seen this at AS).

Thank you for your reply. I do see the manual now, and I'll look into the hard drive sleep mode. The hiss is definitely not room noise, and it even stacks as repeated problem notes are struck, making the hiss glaringly obvious. The main problem are the notes at the top of the keyboard beginning at the E that is 1 and 3/4 away from the highest C. I have heard the hiss a few times on lower notes, but it is rare enough to not be a big problem. If I get a chance I will send you an example. Has no one noticed this issue before?
Last edited by Dartagnon on Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Well, the product has been out for probably 3 or 4 years and it's the first complaint ;)

I edited my post, because I forgot the octave numbers. The hiss begins at the second to highest E.
Wow. 3 or 4 years, huh. Well, I hate to be the first complaint, but I do love the piano otherwise.

Return to “AcousticsampleS”