Can We Still Mute Another Forum Member?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Podolski Tyrell Nexus 6 Zebralette

samsam wrote:What's wrong with the friend/foe feature? I just experimented on the one person I had previously muted in this thread and it works fine...
Yeah, just tried 'foe' on you (just as an example, no editorial) and it seems to work just like mute. Not sure what "friend" does. Probably a list of all your friend's post available somewhere I assume.

edit: And also did friend. It added a link to your profile in the control panel where I set friend / foe.
Friends enable you quick access to members you communicate with frequently. If the template has relevant support any posts made by a friend may be highlighted.
Foes are users which will be ignored by default. Posts by these users will not be fully visible. Personal messages from foes are still permitted. Please note that you cannot ignore moderators or administrators.
Regards, Mike

samsam wrote:What's wrong with the friend/foe feature? I just experimented on the one person I had previously muted in this thread and it works fine...
It depends on how it works. The nice thing about mute was that it was an anonymous action. You quietly shut off some blowhard's drivel and you're blood pressure stays at a reasonable level ... and nobody knows you're adopting this posture.

If foe-ness is "published", it could become the source of needless antagonisms. On the other hand, if you mark someone as foe and your identity is not revealed, then I would think that's OK.

At the same time, I wonder about the value of friend-ness. If it's just used to acknowledge that certain forum members are considered valued members of this community, then that's probably a good thing. If it becomes a source of rivalry, then not so much IMO.

dmbaer wrote:Can't see how to do this with the new forum. Hopefully it's not that silly Friend/Foe option you see when you click on a user's link. Not that I make it a practice of blocking people ... there's only one self-important individual who's musings I'd rather not be subjected to.
Just read your posts about it perhaps being public.. is there anyone for sure who knows whether friends and foes list are available in any way publicly?

I haven't foed anyone yet other than a test to see how it worked (seems like before imo :shrug:) but if i do i don't think i'd like anyone to know who.. foe just sounds so much meaner than "mute" :hihi:

Awwww, I feel sorry for the 1st world problems of this thread :D

TheoM wrote:
dmbaer wrote:Can't see how to do this with the new forum. Hopefully it's not that silly Friend/Foe option you see when you click on a user's link. Not that I make it a practice of blocking people ... there's only one self-important individual who's musings I'd rather not be subjected to.
Just read your posts about it perhaps being public.. is there anyone for sure who knows whether friends and foes list are available in any way publicly?

I haven't foed anyone yet other than a test to see how it worked (seems like before imo :shrug:) but if i do i don't think i'd like anyone to know who.. foe just sounds so much meaner than "mute" :hihi:

Oh that will change :hihi:

I've foed a few from "way back" but mostly I'm just waiting until something crappy pops up, then seeing if it will work :lol:

Return to “Site Stuff”