Attention all people

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am currently using the "Stylish" plugin for Firefox, with the script in the pinned thread.

Aside from the fact that the search engine drops blue links on blue background, and the thread listing still uses larger fonts, it's way better to look and work at.

I also get used to the user name box to the right. Gives so much more space to post text.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Ah!

I was just trying to work out exactly how so many more posts fit on the page.

You've nailed it - the logic behind having the user name float right is that the text of the post can start immediately at the top left edge and float left around the box.

In the previous layout the whole upper portion of the post to the right of the user div would be wasted space!

Now that I realize this I've changed my mind about ever moving it back to the left. Actually I would prefer to do away with it entirely and have just the username "By ______" under the thread title, or even eliminate the thread title and have only the "By __username__ at __time__" there.

The "user stamp" or "avatar" div is really a waste if you want to pack as much text on the screen as possible.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

If the subject line were removed that would eliminate the ability to post custom subjects, but really that feature is rarely used and not all that useful in a non-threaded/flat forum.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

Return to “Site Stuff”