Spectral Sound Contest

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Spectral

EDIT: Contest has ended.

Hi Guys,
as we got quite a number of presets already, I thought I give a bit more info to make life easier for you and me,

FIRST: The facts

For at least 12 presets WHICH WE ACTUALLY USE with the Spectral factory library you get a free, full license.

You may (and should) send a few patches before doing all 12 (or more), to check back if we are interested

Please send patches to peter@linplug.com

Deadline: 10th of November 2013.

SECOND: The hints

Only participate if you feel you are somewhat pretty good in designing sounds. If you just participate because one can always try ... chances are low to achieve anything.

- do _not_ send any bread and butter sounds which might be made on any synthesizer
- it should preferably use a at least slightly uncommon filter shape and not just a 12db lowpass
- it should make use of Modwheel and AT, some guys then use AT to increase some nearly inaudible modulation to some still nearly inaudible modulation, that wont work, its should _really_ do something
- think of CPU, a spectral osc/filter in itself uses quite some CPU, if you run 4 layers with spread and a wonderful long Release you can break every CPU
- make use of effects, but not just drown everything in echos or reverb
- break any rule if you like, but have a good reason

Thank you!
Last edited by Peter from LinPlug on Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

An update: We're still looking forward to your contributions. 5 days left :) So far we had about a dozen entries, from which two were accepted - its amazing with what people can come up.

Hi Peter,

tomorrow i want to submit my own patches. I am currebntly using version 0.99 which seems to include the current version of the factory sounds.

I noticed that now the patches are sorted into flders that represent the category and that the name of the sound designers is at the beginning of each patch (e.g. "iw" in my case). I will try to submit the same format to make it easier for you.

If you do/did not include 12 sounds of a certain sound designer does it mean you do not use any of them or are you planning to give a kind of "discount" to those and use less than 12 pattches (e.g. 50% discount for around 6 patches) ?

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Hi Ingo,
we sort everything, so it doesnt matter how you submit, however, any sorting you do is appreciated. We will agree with you in case we not want all patches submitted (or less or more than 12 submitted), dont worry

Peter from LinPlug wrote:Hi Ingo,
we sort everything, so it doesnt matter how you submit, however, any sorting you do is appreciated. We will agree with you in case we not want all patches submitted (or less or more than 12 submitted), dont worry
Hi Peter,

i already changed the naming format to your new way which for me means "iw" at the beginning. I'll try to sort into category folders when i submit them.

For me it would not be any problem if you want use more than 12 patches.

BTW is there a certain time for the deadline tomorrow or is it around 24:00 of November 10th?

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Oh dear, Ingo, you work until last minute, eh ? :)
I'll check them on Monday morning CET, everything later than that will not make it into the initial release.
Viel Glück,
Peter

Peter from LinPlug wrote:Oh dear, Ingo, you work until last minute, eh ? :)
Yeah, a general problem i have with most deadlines... :oops:

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Hi Peter,

just sent an email with my patches for Spectral.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Thank you Ingo and everyone contributing, I'll be busy for a day or two to check it all, will get back to everyone personally.

Sigh.. too much work to be done.. only managed to make 3 presets within the deadline. Really capable synth, which I'd love to check out in more detail on a later time.

Best of luck with the upcoming release!
music // twolegs // geometriae
sounddesign // twolegstoneworks

Thank you metal, I appreciate it.

Return to “LinPlug”