Dust Analyzer (still "beta") [was: quickie signal analyzer proto]

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mystran wrote: If it's just OpenGL stuff that refuses screenshots, then some silly drivers use overlays or some such thing, which makes it fail.
It's everything - not just OpenGL. Inanyway - it's a low priority/luxury I can live without. I can't even think of anything more to add - it's great as it is - dig the hold function - usefull for transient analysis.

Andrew

Speaking of "Print Screen", I guess not many people know that you can grab a screenshot of just a selected window by pressing Alt+Print Screen. ;)

I have always thought of those screengrabbing apps as completely redundant apps...

Trippy analyser, Mystran! I love it. Especially the "fire mode". :D

A "decay" parameter could be very useful, what others mentioned.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Windows comes with a handy app called Snipping Tool. I use it all the time for screenshots. At least it comes with Windows 7 and 8.. not sure about XP or vista (who on earth would be using vista anyhow?).

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Great plugin (As are all the Signal dust plugins, Really hoping Dolphin and 4L2 make it to the x64 framework at some point)

Really enjoying Equaliser right now too, DDMF IIEQ Pro has always been my go to, but DustEQ is really starting to make dialing some stuff in super quick.

A donate button or a commercial plugin please, so we can give some back ;)
Duh

bmanic wrote:(who on earth would be using vista anyhow?)
Vista with SP2 was pretty good.

xx JPRacer xx wrote:
:x

:hihi:
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

bungle wrote:Great plugin (As are all the Signal dust plugins, Really hoping Dolphin and 4L2 make it to the x64 framework at some point)
Don't tell anyone, but Dolphin actually already works as x64.. I've just not updated it because it needs some more fine-tuning with it's new filter model..

xx JPRacer xx wrote:
I still use Vista on my older laptop that originally came with it. That said, I mostly use that particular computer as a screen for a USB-oscilloscope, so it doesn't matter that much what it's running.

mystran wrote:
bungle wrote:Great plugin (As are all the Signal dust plugins, Really hoping Dolphin and 4L2 make it to the x64 framework at some point)
Don't tell anyone, but Dolphin actually already works as x64.. I've just not updated it because it needs some more fine-tuning with it's new filter model..
I think i just peed a little !!
Duh

bungle wrote:
mystran wrote:
I think i just peed a little !!
Unfortunately I also broke the square wave. Now it's some sort of a weird square-saw hybrid that doesn't even keep it's pulse-width symmetry properly (ok, it's not a real model, but it's also not going to be a regular square in the next version anymore).

bmanic wrote:Windows comes with a handy app called Snipping Tool. I use it all the time for screenshots. At least it comes with Windows 7 and 8.. not sure about XP or vista (who on earth would be using vista anyhow?).

Cheers!
bManic
THANKS!! How did i miss that?!

yeah, snipping tool is cool! i have a shortcut on my taskbar.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:yeah, snipping tool is cool! i have a shortcut on my taskbar.
Now, if we could just get larger taskbars.. ;)

edit:

I should stop starting new projects, and finish some existing ones.. but this is what I did last night:

http://www.signaldust.com/files/whatis.mp3

(sorry, a bit drowned in effects.. there's Fruity Flanger and Phaser.. and Abstract Chamber.. but the sound is another project with my arp driving it.. and obviously no samples involved at this point.. but hey it's one day old ;))

mystran wrote: ...and finish some existing ones..
Just curious, is there a chance that Valo synth will be resurrected? It seems like disappeared from the face of the Earth and no one ever mentions Valo here on KVR. I remember it was quite capable synth with its own character. Unfortunately in its beta form only one instance could be used.

Nahkranoth wrote:
mystran wrote: ...and finish some existing ones..
Just curious, is there a chance that Valo synth will be resurrected? It seems like disappeared from the face of the Earth and no one ever mentions Valo here on KVR. I remember it was quite capable synth with its own character. Unfortunately in its beta form only one instance could be used.
You asked the one question that I really don't have an answer for..

edit: I will say this much though: I have much higher-quality code for pretty much everything that Valo has... oscillators, filters, even the effects could be much improved.. but the problem is I've never found the time to put it all together into a complete synth.. and the Valo code-base is really pretty messy, and predates all my "common framework" stuff that actually makes it somehow reasonable to maintain multiple plugins.. and the GUI really looks as ugly as ever, even by my standards.. I honestly don't know what's going to happen.. I need to think.

Return to “Effects”