SFZ vs Kontact

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I don't own Kontact, and see that this comes in sfz format too. Just wondering how much articulation I'm missing if I buy this and use sfz? I'm guessing lots, but hope I'm wrong because I love the sound, and kontact is out of reach pricewise at present.
Meh

Hi squibs, here's the comparison. For Shreddage 1 (guitar), you get the same audio, same depth of sampling (up to 8x RR per note, multiple palm mutes, etc), same EQ/envelope controls, and just about all the same articulations. The one thing missing is pre-recorded portamento (slides). You can play hammer-on/pull-off style, however. Otherwise, the SFZ version has everything.

For Shreddage Bass, the SFZ version has 100% of the same features + sounds, just in a different interface.

We STRONGLY recommend using Plogue's free Sforzando plugin. It's stable, powerful, and our Shreddage guitar + bass patches are optimized for it. Have you seen our VERY limited time flash deal at VSTbuzz? You can get both libraries for only $58:

http://www.vstbuzz.com/
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Thanks for the clarification The deal is what brought me here. Very tempted!

Well done on an authentic bass and guitar library from someone who plays both instruments, and hasn't heard anything that good... well, ever.
Meh

what is kontact? :D
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:what is kontact? :D
It's a software program for neutralising spelling nazis :hihi:
Meh

Return to “Impact Soundworks”