Newbie quesiton about how to import presets

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Sorry I have to ask since it's 101 but I just dont understand..

I want to use Zen to manage the presets of the VST's I own. I don't need to download extra presets and I don't need userratings. I simply want to have a categorized oversight of all the presets I own.

How do I do this?

I get the idea that when I start it up and follow the prompt instructions Zen is downloading extra presets that are available or something. The other option I see to manually add all presets from within my VST would be adding them 1 by 1 and would take days so obviously I'm missing something about what seems to be an amazing tool.

I checked Youtube and this forum but cannot figure it out. Once again my apologies for asking such a basic question but I need someone to walk me through.
Win8.1 64x/Live 9/Steinberg UR44/Roland HP 235/Edirol PCR-800/Eastman AC222/Washburn D12/Ch. Les Paul/Behringer BCF2000 & BCR2000/Korg Nanopad 2/Focusrite VRM Box/AT 2020/2xB5/E825s/Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250/Tannoy 502

- if you have your presets available as fxp (not fxb) files, you can drop them into zen when the associated synth is active.
- if you don't have them as fxp, you will need to add them one by one I'm afraid. Autoimport is your friend. Double-click the import (left arrow) icon, it will start flashing. Then go through all the presets in your synth, whenever you select a new preset it will be imported. It can take a while, but unfortunately there is no other way. And it's not that bad - maybe hours, but certainly not days.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

This method means I should also use it in offline mode to prevent presets from being downloaded right?
Win8.1 64x/Live 9/Steinberg UR44/Roland HP 235/Edirol PCR-800/Eastman AC222/Washburn D12/Ch. Les Paul/Behringer BCF2000 & BCR2000/Korg Nanopad 2/Focusrite VRM Box/AT 2020/2xB5/E825s/Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 250/Tannoy 502

Yes. Just set it off - though I don't see the problem in getting extra presets now and then :)

True. It's just that I'm pretty new at this and I've been downloading so many free stuff (as there is so may) I feel like I'm drowning already without actually taking the time to listen to all presets or learn all those great plugins that are out there..

I feel I shoud refrain myself for now and focus on the music instead of greedily collecting al those freebies;)

Nevertheless thanks so much for this awesome tool!

Return to “Big Tick”