Free Birthday Beats

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello hello.

Yesterday was my birthday, so I thought I'd celebrate by giving away a collection of 32 drum/percussion Birthday Beats taken from the last six months' of projects I've been working on.

There are acoustic breaks, nu skool breaks, 4 on the floor dance grooves, ethnic/cinematic rhythms and some other eclectic stuff too.

So, visit my Free Stuff page and download to your heart's content. ;)

Free Stuff at www.theunfinished.co.uk

Cheers KVRers.

http://soundcloud.com/the-unfinished/se ... ay-beats-1

Awesome stuff Matt. Thanks :)

Great share, Matt :tu:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Cheers guys, you're welcome.

Great beats!!

Could you tell us a bit about the production techniques that came when creating those beats?

A belated Merry Youmas. *fires the Party Cannon*

SampleScience wrote:Great beats!!

Could you tell us a bit about the production techniques that came when creating those beats?
Bloody hell! What? All of them? Erm... various different techniques depending on the project in question.

So it can depend on whether the track/cue started with the beat or I worked the beat around the melodies etc.

I don't have any hugely expensive high end mixing gear, a lot of the effects I use on my drums are through free and low budget plug-ins. A lot of it is about combining sounds - particularly the kicks and snares, usually have two or three mixed together. But, equally, much of it comes from the programming - careful placing of the original samples to create a groove and then using plug-ins to gel everything together.

I may well be doing some YouTube tutorials on putting together drumloops soon*, that may be of more use than my desperate scribblings here! If I think it's of interest to people out there.

And thanks for the party cannon, Meffy! You missed. :)

*Soon can mean any time between now and the apocalypse...

The apocalypse seems to be sooner than you think! :wink:
I would definitely be interested in some Youtube tutorials.

Thanks for the loops and happy belated to you.

synaesthesia wrote:
SampleScience wrote:Great beats!!

Bloody hell! What? All of them? Erm... various different techniques depending on the project in question.

So it can depend on whether the track/cue started with the beat or I worked the beat around the melodies etc.

I don't have any hugely expensive high end mixing gear, a lot of the effects I use on my drums are through free and low budget plug-ins. A lot of it is about combining sounds - particularly the kicks and snares, usually have two or three mixed together. But, equally, much of it comes from the programming - careful placing of the original samples to create a groove and then using plug-ins to gel everything together.

I may well be doing some YouTube tutorials on putting together drumloops soon*, that may be of more use than my desperate scribblings here! If I think it's of interest to people out there
*Soon can mean any time between now and the apocalypse...
Somehow I thought it was played live with an acoustic drum kit! Also, from the demo it seems that the loops are shorter than previous packs, I like it better this way so I can program my own variation with SliceX and the sequencer.

If you could put up some tutorial/studio session on YouTube it would be very cool!

Cheers!

Right, I'll try and schedule some time in for some drum programming tutorials. I also need to do some synth sound design ones.

Might have to cut out sleep for a while...

Post-weekend bump for those who may have missed grabbing these before. :)

Return to “Soundware”