Reducing CPU usage

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I remember some post that mentioned something about using less CPU usage, and that lately SM has something to turn off stereo oscillators or something like that.

Can I get a refresher course on that? :hihi:
Any other tips would be appreciated, till I get a decent PC.

My PC is a bit old and sometimes has a tough time with more complex presets.
It's just a plain old dual core, not even a Core2Duo. :oops:

Most presets are ok, just a few of the more rich huge-sounding ones sometimes give me trouble.

1) Try reducing polyphony
2) Try increasing engine buffer size to Large during playback, normal/short when rendering offline
3) Use draft engine quality during playback, good/high quality when rendering offline
4) Try not to use Unison. Instead try using "voices" parameter for the oscillators.
5) If a digital filter sounds the same as the analog one in your preset, use the digital one! (for most sounds where there is no overdrive/etc this is the case)
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote:1) Try reducing polyphony
2) Try increasing engine buffer size to Large during playback, normal/short when rendering offline
3) Use draft engine quality during playback, good/high quality when rendering offline
4) Try not to use Unison. Instead try using "voices" parameter for the oscillators.
5) If a digital filter sounds the same as the analog one in your preset, use the digital one! (for most sounds where there is no overdrive/etc this is the case)
Ok all that sounds great, thanks for the tips :wink:

I thought there was something about a stereo osc or something like that, maybe I am way off. That's the only thing you didn't mention... :)

Examigan wrote: I thought there was something about a stereo osc or something like that, maybe I am way off. That's the only thing you didn't mention... :)
You're talking about #4 above.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote:
Examigan wrote: I thought there was something about a stereo osc or something like that, maybe I am way off. That's the only thing you didn't mention... :)
You're talking about #4 above.
Oh... :oops: (I knew that... :hihi: )

Sorry I didn't know, and #4 was right in front of me 8)

Thanks for all the info Bulent

Return to “KV331 Audio”