MIDIForceToKey as MIDI-controller transposer...

Official support for: thepiz.org
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Piz, all,

I'm trying to use this plugin to to do a "straight transpose" of all incoming midi data by an amount equal to the offset of the note on the control channel relative to the root note, similar to the way it works in your MIDI looper.

ie, you have a sequence running. The root note is E. You play an A note (same octave) on the control channel (16 in this case), the sequence is transposed up a fifth.

1. Can it do this?
2. If so, what am I doing wrong? Host is Bidule. I picked Preset 13 (empty), set the transpose channel to 16, set the root note to E3, left everything else alone. I can move the transpose slider in the plugin, and the running sequence transposes, so I think the "plumbing" is good, but note input on ch 16 has no effect. What else should I set?
3. If this plugin won't work this way, can anyone recommend an alternative (not a host/sequencer, etc., need a vst plugin.

Thanks so much.

works for me in the bidule demo, so i'm not sure what the problem could be. if notes on channel 16 are reaching the plugin, and Tr.Channel is set to 16, it should work...

the transpose notes set the transpose parameter directly, so the slider should actually move when inputting a transpose note.
wrongtastic, baby
tucson's number one gothic rock band since 1995

Thanks, Piz

I got stuck on it, so I just wiped out everything, reinstalled, and life is good. Thanks again for a great bag of MIDI tricks. You've added a lot of "features" to a lot of other software that should have had them to begin with.

Slightly off topic, bit I posted a few questions/comments at the end of the looper thread, inquiring mostly about it's current state of stability. The thread has been quiet for a while...

I'll try to get back to midiLooper soon. I know there are many issues described in the thread that I need to look at.
wrongtastic, baby
tucson's number one gothic rock band since 1995

Return to “Insert Piz Here”