website facelifted - feedback and suggestions requested

Official support for: rs-met.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

OK - so in the past 2-3 weeks, i gave my website a little facelifting. i hope, it now looks at least a bit less embarrassingly amateurish than it did before. but i'm not a designer, so i'm pretty sure, there's still a lot of stuff that can be done about it.

so if you have any suggestions, regarding layout, typography or whatever other aspect of the site, please speak up.

btw.: i'm using some CSS3 features which are not yet supported by all browsers (as i had to learn in the past weeks, MS's internet explorer is especially reluctant in supporting web standards).
My website: rs-met.com, My presences on: YouTube, GitHub, Facebook

Hi, Robin
It looks better indeed.
I personnally have a strong aversion for gradients (but it really is a matter of personal taste, so it is only my 0.2$ opinion), so i must say i don't really like the top and left borders with purple>white gradient, and the other thing i don't like a lot is the choice of black color for the header on the gradient background.
ALso, i am not a great fan of the default blue font for the links ("freebies", "products"), turning purple once clicked.
May i suggest to make the website look a little bit more like your plugins (with less gradient, using the same font for the titles, and a more minimalistic white/blue shades background) ? Easy-Q and EngineersFIlter has nice GUIs ;)

I like the screenshot of the products on the frontpage, it is a nice addition.

sinkmusic wrote:Hi, Robin
It looks better indeed.
I personnally have a strong aversion for gradients (but it really is a matter of personal taste, so it is only my 0.2$ opinion), so i must say i don't really like the top and left borders with purple>white gradient

thanks for your feedback. hmm..OK. i actually like gradients generally, but perhaps it's a little bit too obtrusive. i might try to not go to fully white but perhaps some shade of gray. or do you think, i should better use completely solid color? i may try some versions...
and the other thing i don't like a lot is the choice of black color for the header on the gradient background.
i was not sure about the headline either - what color would you suggest?
ALso, i am not a great fan of the default blue font for the links ("freebies", "products"), turning purple once clicked.
on the one hand, i agree, on the other, i think blue and purple fit very well into the overall colorscheme. perhaps i should try somewhat darker shades of both - drag them more towards black? i think, in particular the blue is perhaps a bit overly saturated. or what do you think? a completely different color altogether?
May i suggest to make the website look a little bit more like your plugins (with less gradient, using the same font for the titles, and a more minimalistic white/blue shades background) ? Easy-Q and EngineersFIlter has nice GUIs ;)
yeah, i'd like to do this, but the font on my guis is a selfmade, hardcoded pixelfont, so it's currently not practical to use it on the website. and to be honest, i consider to change the GUI font back into something more common (like arial or whatever) anyway. the main reason why i created is pixel-font was the blurry (anti-aliased) rendering of standard fonts in JUCE. but as we move towards high resolution displays, this will sooner or later become a non-issue anyway.

but actually, the GUIs do have pretty strong gradients as well, don't you think so?
I like the screenshot of the products on the frontpage, it is a nice addition.
yes - how could i dare to welcome the visitor with loads and loads of text before.
My website: rs-met.com, My presences on: YouTube, GitHub, Facebook

Return to “rs-met”