Audio Crackles with 2.5 In Orion 8.504

Official support for: kv331audio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, I've been away from SM for a while. I downloaded the RC this morning but I'm getting audio crackles on some presets. Seems to be a buffer issue (I have it set to large). Is this just something I have set up wrong or a known issue or? I can upload the preset I was working on this morning that demonstrates the problem. CPU readout shows about 13% (Orion 8.504). I'm going to test in Reaper and FL next........

EDIT: Hmmm I must really be doing something wrong. I lost the first preset I did this morning and the second one I created is not showing up in the browser. My "Teksonik from KVR" folder is showing up and the preset file is there in explorer but it's not showing up in the browser........anyway I couldn't reproduce the crackles in Reaper yet..........

Edit 2: Ok I've narrowed it down to Orion. The preset "Filter Sweep TP" causes audio crackles in Orion but not Reaper or FL Studio. I'll report this on the Orion beta forums.........still don't know why my preset is not showing up........... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Oops, my bad. By default the attribute filter is set to "Version 2.5". Either remove it when browsing sounds, or before saving your preset add "Version 2.5" to its attributes.
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

kv331 wrote:Oops, my bad. By default the attribute filter is set to "Version 2.5". Either remove it when browsing sounds, or before saving your preset add "Version 2.5" to its attributes.
Oh ok I got it now.......thanks....I didn't see those attributes at the bottom of the list...... :)
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Synapse Audio has responded that it's not likely Orion is at fault concerning the crackles. However I can reproduce the results here with 100% reliability. The patch "Filter Sweep TP" will cause audio degradation...crackles.... in Orion but will not in Reaper or FL Studio. Can you think of a reason why Synthmaster may not perform as well in Orion? For the record I don't have this problem with the couple of dozen other synths I use in Orion.

A couple of other minor issues. In the Default patch the Arp defaults to 4 Octaves.....a bit much unless you're trying to annoy the neighbor's dogs :hihi: it also defaults to 17 steps which is a strange number.....normally one would choose 16........also sometimes the Osc Pitch is displayed incorrectly as -1 Octave - 1 semitone when it's really just minus one octave.......... :)

I'll debug with Orion's demo version. Might be buffer sizes maybe, like Orion not using fixed sized buffers?
Works at KV331 Audio
SynthMaster voted #1 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll
SynthMaster One voted #4 in MusicRadar's "Best Synth of 2019" poll

I've passed your response on to the Orion Beta forums............I'll let you know what Rich says about buffer sizes.........

Here is Richard's response regarding Orion's Buffer sizes............
Richard wrote:Orion uses fixed sized buffers since an eternity by now, but it should work without too (as FLStudio uses variable-sized buffers).

------

do you by any chance have a very low buffer setting in Orion?

djsubject wrote:do you by any chance have a very low buffer setting in Orion?
No, ASIO buffers are the same on all Apps............
Teksonik wrote:For the record I don't have this problem with the couple of dozen other synths I use in Orion.
EDIT: I forgot to mention that I'm on WinXP SP3 32bit. Q6600 3 gigs ram......Delta AP 192 soundcard.........ASIO drivers.
-----

Return to “KV331 Audio”