Introducing ValhallaShimmer

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Is there any possibility of having a mode that uses the frequency shifting of your free plugin in the feedback rather that a pitchshifter? I could imagine that making all sorts of nifty noises. I don't know how modular your code is but I would love to see it if it were a rather simple addition. If it would take a huge amount of work it may be worth its own plugin.

I dunno. Just occurred to me while using those effects in tandem the other day.

Thanks for the awesome plugs! I guess I'll be buying Room before too long.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Ah_Dziz wrote:Is there any possibility of having a mode that uses the frequency shifting of your free plugin in the feedback rather that a pitchshifter? I could imagine that making all sorts of nifty noises. I don't know how modular your code is but I would love to see it if it were a rather simple addition. If it would take a huge amount of work it may be worth its own plugin.

I dunno. Just occurred to me while using those effects in tandem the other day.

Thanks for the awesome plugs! I guess I'll be buying Room before too long.
I tried having a frequency shifter in a Shimmer-esque structure a while back. Looking at my code, I see something called "Evilverb 2" from October of 2009. It sounded cool, but honestly, the sounds that were good about it would be easily accomplished with FreqEcho running before or after ValhallaShimmer.

Integrating a frequency shifter would be easy in the Shimmer code, but would break all existing projects that use ValhallaShimmer. That is one of those big things to avoid in plugin development, unless you have a really good reason for doing so. I'll keep it in mind for some future update.

Sean Costello

word. I have been able to get some amazing sounds running the frequency shifter after shimmer with shimmer ascending in pitch while the echo gradually detunes downward 20 or so Hz at a time.

Once again good work Sean. can't wait to see what you do next.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Return to “Valhalla DSP”