Shimmer bug

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi.

I've just noticed that I can't seem to change the drop controls in Shimmer. If I open the plugin (set to the "Black Hole" preset) and click any of the three drop-down menus and change their setting the setting doesn't change and, from that point onwards, the control is no longer functional. Radial dial controls still work normally.

If I close the Shimmer window and re-open it the drop-downs will open again (although I still can't change their value).

I'm using Shimmer 1.0.2 in Ableton Live 8.2.1 on OSX 10.6.6. AFAIK that's the latest version of Shimmer, I did check the website but can't see what the latest version number is.

Anyone else had/having this problem?

Matt

Is this with the VST or AU?

valhallasound wrote:Is this with the VST or AU?
Sorry, important detail. It was the VST version. I cannot reproduce it this morning though.

Matt

This is most likely a bug with the Objective-C IDs of the plugins. For some weird reason, the VST can have a bad interaction with the AU in ValhallaShimmer. I had the same bug in the upcoming ValhallaRoom until yesterday, when I figured out the solution. Once VRoom is out, I'll release an updated version of Shimmer w/the bug fix, and hopefully the preset browser code from VRoom.

For now, I would pick either the VST or AU of Shimmer, and stick with it. If you primarily use AU apps, I would use the AU over the VST, as the presets will be shared between DAWs.

Sean Costello

valhallasound wrote:This is most likely a bug with the Objective-C IDs of the plugins. For some weird reason, the VST can have a bad interaction with the AU in ValhallaShimmer. I had the same bug in the upcoming ValhallaRoom until yesterday, when I figured out the solution. Once VRoom is out, I'll release an updated version of Shimmer w/the bug fix, and hopefully the preset browser code from VRoom.
Okay that's good news.
valhallasound wrote:For now, I would pick either the VST or AU of Shimmer, and stick with it. If you primarily use AU apps, I would use the AU over the VST, as the presets will be shared between DAWs.
Are you referring to the other problem with Audio Finder (I understand the dev has gotten in touch with you) and Shimmer AU?

I normally only ever use VST's if I can but AF doesn't work with VST hence why I'd tried the AU version. In general I can't see myself making a lot of use of the plugin aspect of AudioFinder but I thought I'd try it out and Shimmer was what I reached for.

Matt

Return to “Valhalla DSP”