Beta test experiences

Official English support for: maizesoft.cn
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1) Does the new MS2 only export .mse-files and no .dll-plugins? :(

I wanna offer a plugin with 128 instruments. Each instrument contains 37 samples (singly sampled in the range from C-4 to C-7).

2) How can i import those samples so that they automap? Don't wanna map them per hand (4736 samples!!!).

3) How can i create a new instrument? Only see "new groups" but that isn't a new instrument but just a layer right?

4) How can instruments be sorted? Example: I want to move the first instrument to another position in the instrument list.

I just had a quick test, so far i only know that you can "save" / create the final VSTi via the MaizeSampler VSTi itself! (Don't know why, but, ok!) :)

Wildfunk wrote:1) Does the new MS2 only export .mse-files and no .dll-plugins? :(

I wanna offer a plugin with 128 instruments. Each instrument contains 37 samples (singly sampled in the range from C-4 to C-7).

2) How can i import those samples so that they automap? Don't wanna map them per hand (4736 samples!!!).

3) How can i create a new instrument? Only see "new groups" but that isn't a new instrument but just a layer right?

4) How can instruments be sorted? Example: I want to move the first instrument to another position in the instrument list.
Let me explain how ms2 export works, it's different from ms1. Maize Sampler 2 has two components: Editor and Player.

Editor is the exe file you are running. The player is the MSP.dll VST plug-in. Editor can export a compact instrument file *.mse which contains everything about your instrument. Then the player plug-in can list all mse files under it's directory and load one upon choice.

Maize Sampler 2 is a single instrument sampler, that means one instance of player can only load and play one mse file at a time. But inside the player, you can unload and load a new instrument in the instrument list. That's why we need a common player instead of having multiple identical player for each instrument.

However, there is approach to add multiple instruments in one instrument as groups. Each group has a selection method. This define how this group will become the current. A good option for sub instrument group is MIDI channel group selection. This selection method allows different groups being triggered by different midi channels. Another good one for sub instrument groups can be manual selection by users. In this group selection method, the current group will be selected by users in the player. Furthermore, you can also choose the program # selection method, so the group will be choosen by MIDI program change event. (Think about making a standard GM library?)

I posted a FAQ section.

Okay so i must create and save every instrument singly right?

Does the player read the whole directory and list all .mse-files alphabetically so that the user can skip through easily?

Sorry but i can't test the player... crashes everytime on FL 9.

Wildfunk wrote:Okay so i must create and save every instrument singly right?

Does the player read the whole directory and list all .mse-files alphabetically so that the user can skip through easily?

If the instruments are not big, you can add them as groups of a single instrument in the way I described above. But if each instrument is big and users do not use all of them at the same time, you can just make multiple mse files.

Yes, the player will list all .mse-files under it's directoy.

About the crash of player, I'm looking into it.

Wildfunk wrote:Okay so i must create and save every instrument singly right?

The player should work now, please download and reinstall again.

Hello again,

still testing, some suggestions:

1) "The following intruments are found, please choose one to load:"

The sample player should start immediately with the first instrument (sorted by alphabet).

2) Remove the message box with "Do you want to unload..."... makes zapping through the instruments very boring ;(

3) What about allowing the SFZ format to import? This is really simple and more popular than EXS24.

Would make batch creating instruments much easier... also the "automapping".

Code: Select all

<region> sample=Bass - Acid\001 - Bass - Acid - C-4.wav lokey=0 hikey=48 pitch_keycenter=48 volume=7.0
<region> sample=Bass - Acid\002 - Bass - Acid - C#4.wav key=49 volume=7.0
<region> sample=Bass - Acid\036 - Bass - Acid - B-6.wav key=83 volume=7.0
<region> sample=Bass - Acid\037 - Bass - Acid - C-7.wav lokey=84 hikey=128 pitch_keycenter=84 volume=7.0
4) Very important: Prev/Next-Buttons for skipping through the instruments (beside the actual dropdown).

5) What files does the customer need? The msp.dll (+ mac version) and only the .mse-files?

6) If renaming the MSP.dll then the dll should check itself for the name and this name should be appear in the plugin list (e.g. if renaming to BlaSynth.dll the plugin should appear as "BlaSynth") (if possible)

7) A simple chorus, reverb and delay would be nice! I remember this from version 1. Perhaps only an amount knob per effect is sufficient.

8) Price?

Wildfunk wrote:Hello again,

still testing, some suggestions:

1) "The following intruments are found, please choose one to load:"

The sample player should start immediately with the first instrument (sorted by alphabet).

2) Remove the message box with "Do you want to unload..."... makes zapping through the instruments very boring ;(

3) What about allowing the SFZ format to import? This is really simple and more popular than EXS24.

Would make batch creating instruments much easier... also the "automapping".

Code: Select all

<region> sample=Bass - Acid\001 - Bass - Acid - C-4.wav lokey=0 hikey=48 pitch_keycenter=48 volume=7.0
<region> sample=Bass - Acid\002 - Bass - Acid - C#4.wav key=49 volume=7.0
<region> sample=Bass - Acid\036 - Bass - Acid - B-6.wav key=83 volume=7.0
<region> sample=Bass - Acid\037 - Bass - Acid - C-7.wav lokey=84 hikey=128 pitch_keycenter=84 volume=7.0
4) Very important: Prev/Next-Buttons for skipping through the instruments (beside the actual dropdown).

5) What files does the customer need? The msp.dll (+ mac version) and only the .mse-files?

6) If renaming the MSP.dll then the dll should check itself for the name and this name should be appear in the plugin list (e.g. if renaming to BlaSynth.dll the plugin should appear as "BlaSynth") (if possible)

7) A simple chorus, reverb and delay would be nice! I remember this from version 1. Perhaps only an amount knob per effect is sufficient.

8) Price?
Thanks for all the suggestions:

1) If there is only one instrument found, it will load automatically. But there may be other instrument under this same folder by other vendors. In this case, users have to choose which instrument to load first. Because this player is public and can be used by other instruments too.

2) OK, this is easy. Will remove it.

3) I will look into this format.

4) This is also easy.

5) Yes. Be sure to put the mses below MSP.dll's directoy. For example, create a folder called sound and put all the mse files in it.

6) Same as 1). This player is in public domain, other instruments may share this plug-in. If multiple maize sampler players are found, the host is only going to identify one. This is also true for the Audio Unit plug-in.

7) We are thinking about this.

I have to say that I HATE the idea of a shared loader. If I am selling a product, then I want the identity of my product to only be MY product.

What is the chance of having a private version that simply costs more, but allows for a SINGLE identity. I could see the shared aspect for a single developer, but not across other developers.

Mike

caoxiang wrote:1) If there is only one instrument found, it will load automatically. But there may be other instrument under this same folder by other vendors. In this case, users have to choose which instrument to load first. Because this player is public and can be used by other instruments too.
Hm... what about this solution: This selectbox only appears if in the folder are instruments from different vendors. So if only Wildfunk stuff is in it then the it loads automatically the first instrument, otherwise the common select box will pop up...
caoxiang wrote:3) I will look into this format.
http://www.cakewalk.com/DevXchange/sfz.asp

You don't have to include all features of course... only the basic ones which are supported by MS2.
Karmacomposer wrote:I have to say that I HATE the idea of a shared loader. If I am selling a product, then I want the identity of my product to only be MY product.

What is the chance of having a private version that simply costs more, but allows for a SINGLE identity. I could see the shared aspect for a single developer, but not across other developers.
Yeah it's really a little bit confusing... you always have to include the player background in every instrument instead of doing this once onto the player himself. This also wastes space if every instruments contains a (the same) picture...

Karmacomposer wrote:I have to say that I HATE the idea of a shared loader. If I am selling a product, then I want the identity of my product to only be MY product.

Mike
I'm working on this.

Is a custom version available yet? I am much more interested in a private version that I can brand (per each of my products) instead of a shared player - just does not scream 'pro'.

Mike

Karmacomposer wrote:Is a custom version available yet? I am much more interested in a private version that I can brand (per each of my products) instead of a shared player - just does not scream 'pro'.

Mike
+1
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Karmacomposer wrote:Is a custom version available yet? I am much more interested in a private version that I can brand (per each of my products) instead of a shared player - just does not scream 'pro'.

Mike
The latest version does not use shared player anymore. There is a player plug-in generator inside the maize sampler 2 editor now.

Return to “Maizesoft”