BR: Presetlist doesn't refresh

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Jo,

if you save modified presets of the ROM library with the "save preset" button, i.e. I modify the Bass > Baldax and hit save preset, open the preset list it shows me the same list as before, although the Mulab/User/Library/Musynth folder contains a new folder (Bass) with the saved preset Baldax inside...

But even if I close the Musynth editor and reopen, the saved preset isn't shown.
In the "Choose module" list, if I open this to insert new instrument in the rack, it shows it correctly.

If I choose "Save preset in library as", it shows the preset, but if I want to have this preset in a subfolder, I have to put it in manually...perhaps, it would be a good idea to expand the save as function with the library folder list, that I can choose the location inside the user library myself...

Trancit

And btw.:

Is there a way to prevent expanded racks from collapsing every time I click on another rack or do many other things???

It's often very annoying in workflow terms, that I always have to reopen the rack again...

Perhaps you can make a little lock button or an option...

Trancit

Trancit wrote:And btw.:

Is there a way to prevent expanded racks from collapsing every time I click on another rack or do many other things???

It's often very annoying in workflow terms, that I always have to reopen the rack again...

Perhaps you can make a little lock button or an option...

Trancit
Yes, there is. Right-click the collapse/expand button (top left end of a rack) and uncheck "Auto Collapse/Expand"

Branis wrote: Yes, there is. Right-click the collapse/expand button (top left end of a rack) and uncheck "Auto Collapse/Expand"
Oh, that's perfect...Mu.Lab has so many cool hidden features...

But what I would like better, if there would be an option to only check/uncheck this for the selected track...

Good points.

Yeah, but after trying a little bit and remembering the doubleclick slot feature to open the plugin GUI, I have to say, this has a very low priority on my finetune wishlist 8)...

Would be nice, if this changes in future, but it's really not that important.

The next feature, which is in the same priority range, would be the ability to rename VST plugins for the choose module list...the grouping feature is well done, but to be able to rename the plugins would be nice as well...

Trancit
Last edited by Trancit on Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

:hihi:

Trancit wrote:if you save modified presets of the ROM library with the "save preset" button, i.e. I modify the Bass > Baldax and hit save preset, open the preset list it shows me the same list as before, although the Mulab/User/Library/Musynth folder contains a new folder (Bass) with the saved preset Baldax inside...
A bug indeed, will be fixed asap. Thanks for reporting!

You're wellcome...

Trancit

Trancit wrote:The next feature, which is in the same priority range, would be the ability to rename VST plugins for the choose module list...the grouping feature is well done, but to be able to rename the plugins would be nice as well...
MU.LAB names the vst plugin according to its DLL name.
So you could rename the DLL if you want.

Note that within a session, you can rename the vst plugin instances too, for in case you're using multiple instances of the same vst plugin and you want to distinguish.

mutools wrote: MU.LAB names the vst plugin according to its DLL name.
So you could rename the DLL if you want.
Sadly doesn't allow some plugins no renaming without copy protection issues, like i.e. the TRacks plugins...
So, a seperate "Display name" would be the better alternative, but as said, it's one of the nice to have features, but there are by far more important things on the wishlist...so don't worry about this 8)

Trancit

Return to “MUTOOLS”