Filters?

Official English support for: maizesoft.cn
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

i just wonder if Maizesampler could get some basic LP/HP filters as well??
That's an essential thing for many samples/instruments (the use of filters).

Congratulations on the Release! :)

sonicfire wrote:Hi there,

i just wonder if Maizesampler could get some basic LP/HP filters as well??
That's an essential thing for many samples/instruments (the use of filters).

Congratulations on the Release! :)
Thanks. Is a filter on the instrument level with options to choose it's type, frequency, and q value enough for your instrument?

Yes for a start that would be enough! But it should have its own ADSR envelope. So that users can make filtered pads for example ...

Later on you could implement some basic LFO's (low-frequency oscillators) that could be routed to the filter to add rhytmic modulation and stuff :)

sonicfire wrote:Yes for a start that would be enough! But it should have its own ADSR envelope. So that users can make filtered pads for example ...

Later on you could implement some basic LFO's (low-frequency oscillators) that could be routed to the filter to add rhytmic modulation and stuff :)
Another user also has the similar request, I will think about it and find the best way to add it. Thanks.

Well the best would be to have the possibility to add this filter to a group and be able to modulate it with the velocity. :)

sonicfire wrote: Later on you could implement some basic LFO's (low-frequency oscillators) that could be routed to the filter to add rhytmic modulation and stuff :)
+1 for LFO's. Personally I would prefer to choose or to make my own, rather than be limited to the standard "sine/saw/square/triangle/pulse" choices made by someone-else.

A "standard" is "2048 sample length" in 32-bit .wav or .RAW format files.

There are many available if one doesn't make their own, and when provided by the instrument creator (vendor), would give a great deal of flexibility in sound-design options.

~S~

Oh yes filter would be really useful, also if it would be only a normal filter, with lp, hp, bp, logical with 12 and 24db slope - and please with a filter-envelope :D

Shabdahbriah wrote:
sonicfire wrote: Later on you could implement some basic LFO's (low-frequency oscillators) that could be routed to the filter to add rhytmic modulation and stuff :)
+1 for LFO's. Personally I would prefer to choose or to make my own, rather than be limited to the standard "sine/saw/square/triangle/pulse" choices made by someone-else.

A "standard" is "2048 sample length" in 32-bit .wav or .RAW format files.

There are many available if one doesn't make their own, and when provided by the instrument creator (vendor), would give a great deal of flexibility in sound-design options.

~S~
There is already a LFO per instrument. You can use it to control volume, pan, pitch.

Can users of the exported vsti program these filters or is it only available to the developer?

On that note, what is programmable for the end user?

Mike

Return to “Maizesoft”