Mute a track or rack with a pad controller

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello.
I have a Akai LPD8 as a midi controller and drumpads.
Sometimes i use the knobs on the controller to control the gain on a rack.
My question is if it is possible to assign a pad to the gain instead.
So if i hit a pad once the track becomes muted and when i hit it again it regain the volume.

Does anybody understands what i try to do?

Regards.
Robert

sure. your midi controller must be able to send a toggled value, like the peavey PC-1600x does. i can program the buttons to send a high value one time and a low value the next.

Something like that i can do, but i was hoping that it would be just as easy to assign a pad as it to assign a knob.
Well,if there is no other way i will use the knobs.

Thanks.

I was looking around the docs to find info about "play mixer strip from midi input" but i didnt find anything.
Is this something i could use?
Otherwise, what does it do? it feels like something that i can have fun with.

Robert,

(Un)Muting a track via MIDI is not (yet?) possible.

(Un)Muting a rack is possible, but only using MIDI controller events, not (yet?) via notes. I assume the pads on your Akai LPD8 are sending note events. But maybe they can be programmed to send MIDI control events as well?

DiGiT is right: You'll need to tell your MIDI controller to work in latch mode.

The MU.LAB docs don't explicitly list each and every combination/possibility in MU.LAB, that would be practically impossible. The docs do mention you can assign a MIDI controller to a parameter and that's what this is about as the Rack Mixer Strip Mute is a parameter.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.
This is good to know and my knobs will do fine.

If it just were for me i would say that you dont need to develop mulab furher than 3.25 because this is already perfect.

Thankyou again

Robert

Return to “MUTOOLS”