Need some help with cutting a sample up & loading a wav form for a remix?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Im pretty new to mulab software...
Just updated to the XT and So far I like what Im seeing but unfortunately...

Im having some difficulting just being able to cut up a loop where ever I want... Its only allowing me shrink down a loop/sample to ever 4 beats, and I want to shrink down some samples I have and cut them up a bit n change them up... Was able to do this before Mulabs 3.0...
Can anyone explain or give me some input on how to be able to do this?
Do I need to update to the UL(I believe its called)??
Or is it not possible anymore, which I cant see why the change?

Also got some wav files from a friend and they want me to do a remix of their track... I tried to upload the files and mulabs loaded them up and resampled them... but then When I tried to listen, there was no wavform there nor any sound... do I need to upload differently some how?

Well thanks for reading, hopefully I can get some good feedback on this, Ive been enjoying the update to 3.0 but unfortunately these two things have been holding me back from what I want to do. Maybe I need to update fully to the full program I dont know!? Any suggestions or help would be appreciated!

i think you should check out short circuit, a free sampler that is well suited to remixes. i would use it over the sampler in mu.lab any day (no offense jo). its got a great workflow and has options out the yang. mod routing capabilities really open up your samples if you use em. im using it for the fake time stretch in this loop

> DiGiT < wrote:i think you should check out short circuit, a free sampler that is well suited to remixes. i would use it over the sampler in mu.lab any day (no offense jo). its got a great workflow and has options out the yang. mod routing capabilities really open up your samples if you use em. im using it for the fake time stretch in this loop
I will check it out... thanks Digit!

But still its frustrating when I have a loop and only want half of it...
and want that half to snap into the third beat or 3/4 beat and it only snaps into place at the first bar or halfway to the next beat...
Why is this? Shouldnt I be able to place a loop/sample/waveform/Audio wherever I want to on that track that im using ? ? ?

djblang wrote:Its only allowing me shrink down a loop/sample to ever 4 beats
That sounds like you've got a snap-to-grid turned on.

pljones wrote:
djblang wrote:Its only allowing me shrink down a loop/sample to ever 4 beats
That sounds like you've got a snap-to-grid turned on.
You know what... thats exactly my problem I think...
But I cant figure out how to turn that off... Was no prob for me in MuLab 2.0...
Any suggestions? =)

Thanks for the feedback everyone by the way! Much appreciated!

If it's the composer window causing the problem, right-click the composer background - not on any track. The context menu there has the grid options.

pljones wrote:If it's the composer window causing the problem, right-click the composer background - not on any track. The context menu there has the grid options.
Okay great! Thanks a lot, will try this when I get home this afternoon...
Im sure thats the problem... just wasnt able to locate it...
But makes sense hahahaha... it usually is always something so simple
::Chuckles::

Much appreciated!

Return to “MUTOOLS”