Notation VST Plugin Capability?

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Would like to be able to notate the midi tracks, is this possible utilizing VST?

Caps

Notation programs (Sibelius, Notepad) and music production programs (Cubase, Nuendo, Pro Tools, Mu.Lab) are quite different things (from what I know).

I do not think you understood my question. Does Mutools allow the inclusion of a VST notation plugin?

MU.LAB supports VST plugins, yes.

So if such plugin exists, then it will work!

Caps wrote:I do not think you understood my question. Does Mutools allow the inclusion of a VST notation plugin?
Oi... sorry.
I'm sure that if a plugin like this exist it is supported by Mu.Lab. Heck, I installed once the chess plugin and the tetris vst :lol:

never heard of a notation plugin...

I have never heard of a Notation VST, but would certainly like to have one if one exists.

Darn! I was hoping some enthusiastic developer would have jumped on this project since my last post.. but sadly no. Everyone wants to build a new compressor! :P

guess im a little baffled as to how it would work

jdt wrote:Darn! I was hoping some enthusiastic developer would have jumped on this project since my last post.. but sadly no. Everyone wants to build a new compressor! :P
How about just using a dedicated notation editor? Export as .mid and import to do notation?

If you want free.... www.noteflight.com

If you want cheap.... www.myriad-online.com

If you want expensive.... wel there's loads of choice!

Having said that though, I guess a notation VST would be quire cool!

Mark

hudson_m4000 wrote:
jdt wrote:Darn! I was hoping some enthusiastic developer would have jumped on this project since my last post.. but sadly no. Everyone wants to build a new compressor! :P
How about just using a dedicated notation editor? Export as .mid and import to do notation?

If you want free.... www.noteflight.com

If you want cheap.... www.myriad-online.com

If you want expensive.... wel there's loads of choice!

Having said that though, I guess a notation VST would be quire cool!

Mark
I already use Finale, Musicscore and a few others, but it's not the same as it would be having a VST dedicated to notation. And even though it's not at all dificult to do the .mid export/import dance around, it is another step or two that could be avoided if there were a plugin to do the job.

Cubase has notation, as does Sonar, but unfortunately not so with FL Studio (which is my favorite DAW). And some of us "old-timers" still like to compose with Staff and Notes. I can do it with a pen and manuscript paper, but you'd think it could be done a bit quicker with a well made (and simple) Notation Plugin. :cry: :wink:

Apologies for hijacking this mostly ignored thread.

A little while ago, in the "MU.LAB: What's next" topic, (http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 70#4151770), I hinted that in the absence of a notation vst being available sometime soon, it might at least be useful to have quicker access to your own chosen notation editor, from within MU.LAB - a bit like the audio editor option we already have ('EDIT->Choose External Audio Editor').

I just don't know if it can be done - or whether we'd still need to 'export as midi' in any case ?

Les J.

Improviser wrote:A little while ago, in the "MU.LAB: What's next" topic, (http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 70#4151770), I hinted that in the absence of a notation vst being available sometime soon, it might at least be useful to have quicker access to your own chosen notation editor, from within MU.LAB - a bit like the audio editor option we already have ('EDIT->Choose External Audio Editor').

I just don't know if it can be done - or whether we'd still need to 'export as midi' in any case ?

Les J.

FL Studio can use other applications under the "External Tools" as well, which (for me at least) is pretty much useless in this situation. The only way I've found it to be productive is to export MIDI from FL, and open it with the Notation editor of choice. It's just a real hassle with FL regardless.

You'd think it wouldn't be too difficult to translate info from a DAW's Piano Roll to either a native or 3rd party notation plugin, but if the plugin doesn't exist, and there is no interest or initiative to develop one, I suppose it will never happen. :?

it would need to be an environment within a plugin, sort of like energy xt, or revisit, or reaktor, or even FLS, but with the express purpose of viewing and scoring notation. i dont think there would be much purpose, since considering what you are asking it to do, you might as well just use an environment with a notation solution like cubase. yes, cubase has a notation view.

> DiGiT < wrote:it would need to be an environment within a plugin, sort of like energy xt, or revisit, or reaktor, or even FLS, but with the express purpose of viewing and scoring notation. i dont think there would be much purpose, since considering what you are asking it to do, you might as well just use an environment with a notation solution like cubase. yes, cubase has a notation view.
I am afraid that there never will be a score editor in MUlab to come
So look at the cheap MAGIX samplitude music studio with a score editor en VST

Return to “MUTOOLS”