Pixelated MULAB icon in Windows Vista / 7

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

As you probably know Windows Vista and 7 use pretty large desktop icons (256x256 I think) for Vista and Windows 7. The MULAB icon (the one from the executable) can't scale up to that size and gets "pixelated" if you know what I mean. That's unfortunately not a pretty sight between all those flashy smooth big icons.. Could you scale it up in a next version please Jo?

A while ago I recreated a higher resolution MULAB icon. Anyone interested can download it here.

For those who don't know how to replace the original icon:
- right-click the desktop icon
- go to properties
- click change icon
- browse to the folder with the icon and select it.

I suggest you place the icon in MULAB's folder so you don't accidentally delete it later.

Branis wrote:A while ago I recreated a higher resolution MULAB icon. Anyone interested can download it here.

For those who don't know how to replace the original icon:
- right-click the desktop icon
- go to properties
- click change icon
- browse to the folder with the icon and select it.

I suggest you place the icon in MULAB's folder so you don't accidentally delete it later.
Beautiful.. :love: Very nice work! You could try to contact Jo, so he might consider putting it in the package for upcoming releases, or maybe even as the default icon for the MULAB.exe file :D

And thanks for the fruitcake!

I had a technical problem putting that icon in the exe that's why it's not yet there. Found another way now. In the next exe, there is an upgraded icon. Curious whether it will show fine out of the box then.

Nielzie wrote:And thanks for the fruitcake!
:)
mutools wrote:I had a technical problem putting that icon in the exe that's why it's not yet there. Found another way now. In the next exe, there is an upgraded icon. Curious whether it will show fine out of the box then.
:tu:

mutools wrote:I had a technical problem putting that icon in the exe that's why it's not yet there. Found another way now. In the next exe, there is an upgraded icon. Curious whether it will show fine out of the box then.
It's still not in there unfortunately. Could you please try to embed this high resolution icon in the next exe? Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback. Will recheck.

how does your copy of mu.lab sound? :love:

> DiGiT < wrote:how does your copy of mu.lab sound? :love:
The same as yours probably :wink:

Return to “MUTOOLS”