Presets

Official support for: mutools.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

TheGuysanIdiot wrote:Hi Jo,

While I am working on more presets I some questions about how the WFT Oscillator works from a technical point of view.

a) Is all about the relationship between "Fatness, Detune and Spread".

Please can you explain in your own words how they work with each other?

I am particularly interested in what the "Fatness" actually does as I increase its number from 0 upwards.

"0" Fatness seems to mean one saw for example.

"1" Fatness - does this mean two saws and the detune works between them?

Detune works when Fatness is above "0"

Spread seems to handle stereo width.
When Fatness = 0, then you have a single wave.
When Fatness = 1, then you have the wave + 1 detuned up + 1 detuned down = 3 waves. The Detune parameter defines the detune.
When Fatness = 2, you have 5 waves.

Spread indeed defines how much the waves are spread in the stereo field.
b) "Pitch mod." - same again, how does that actually work from a technical point of view I cannot seem to get it to do much. How should I use this?
It defines how much influence the pitch modulation has. For that, you need to feed some modulation into the osc, of course. For example, an LFO to the green pitch modulation input.
I am now creating multi-saw style synth presets and just want to make sure I am using each WFT Oscillator as efficiently as possible.
Indeed, using the built-in fatness is more efficient than using separate oscs. But separate oscs give more options and more control. So it depends on the situation. You can also use 2 or 3 oscs with 'a bit' of fatness ;)

Cheers!

OZ

I am working on more preset packs and I will upload them when Jo returns from his holiday.

OZ

Cool news.
I like so far very much what you did.

Hi All,

Just an update.

I have done a few more new presets and will continue to write some more over the coming months.

As Jo is developing M4 I will wait until the test M4 is released to see what other goodies are in M4.

Once we all know what is in M4 I will create a package of all my new M3/M4 presets and post them here and if they are OK Jo can add them to M4 if he wishes.

In the meantime I am working with Synthedit to see what other musical tools I can create that will work well with MU.LAB.

Bye for now.

OZ

Hi Jo,

As I am going to be busy doing stuff over the coming months you may as well have the presets I did a few months ago now.

Please feel free to modify/rename/trash etc.

If you like any for them you can add them to M3/M4 if you like.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/nbq4myiy3 ... SETS-A.zip

Afterlife - PAD
Sleeper - PAD
Venus - PAD
Freedom - LEAD?
Air Show - SFX
Arcade Zap - SFX
Flappy - BASS
Zero33 - BASS

[Comments]

Air Show reminds me of when I was a kid watching an air show, play loads of keys at the same time and get the "beats" of plane props.

Zero33 is a sort of 303 thing, you need automation with this one, on Freq, Q and Fasor Blender. It sounds 303'ish with Fasor at 0% and then kind of vocal when Fasor set at 100%.

Anyway you may need to change them to suit your tastes etc.

Bye for now!

OZ

:D

Cheers OZ!

Return to “MUTOOLS”