CL 1.0.12 processing latency

Official support for: artsacoustic.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi AA

Nice update with 1.0.12 - very stable now in Samplitude.

Re the limiter design change... wondering what your consideration is to have one of the the CL series - say CL1 - without limiter processing latency - even if that means peak limiting only, or no limiter?

Just speaking for my own situation but, I find even with host latency compensation, any processing delay makes parallel processing impossible, as phase lock is lost. Of course the wet/dry mix could be used, but this doesn't cover all situations.

Personally speaking, I would be happy to have a reduced feature limiter on CL1, if I could use this device in a parallel processing role.

many thanks

S.

:D

Hello,

actually we have been thinking about leaving one compressor latency free. But we thought that it doesn't make sense since one might need the RMS limiter in all cases. Maybe we add an additional one later.

Btw. when using the CL Series you will get parts of your phases shifted as soon as it starts compressing. So parallel processing is possible but might not always work anyway. When using the CL's internal Dry/Wet you can mix everything in perfect phase.
Kind regards, alexander at artsacoustic.com

Return to “Arts Acoustic”