ValhallaFreqEcho MkI and automation

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have found a problem with automation using both V1.0 and the 1.01 update with Cubase 5.1.1 When moving the plugin's controls and recording as automation, ALL of the plugin's current knob positions are also recorded as automation data overwriting any exising automation data.

One other strange thing that I cannot replicate - I started a track last night (using V1.0 )with automation of a number of ValhallaFreqEcho MkI's controls. Saved the track. Loaded it this morning (still using V1.0)....and all the ValhallaFreqEcho MkI's automation that I had recorded is now missing. The automation parameter boxes for ValhallaFreqEcho MkI (as in the boxes in Cubase where you click to select the parameter to automate), which were displayed correctly in the Cubase track list when I saved the track, are now blank, as though no automation parameters had been selected in the first place. This is a bit worrying as I cannot see why this has happened in this instance. I have tried, but I cannot recreate this situation using either V1.0 or V1.01 .

V1.01 GUI is now updated as and when it's controls are affected by automation, which is very useful.

I have since found that it is better to actually create and edit the automation manually (using Cubase's pen tool) rather than recording the movement of the plugin's controls as automation. This gives me far more control over crucial setings such as delay time and freq shift. So not being able to record the movement of the plugin's controls as automation is not too much of a problem for me. But it would be nice :wink:

Thanks again for such a fantastic plugin!! :D :love:

EDIT:- Better mention that I am using Windows XP SP3 on a Windows i7 PC.
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

hesnotthemessiah wrote:I have found a problem with automation using both V1.0 and the 1.01 update with Cubase 5.1.1 When moving the plugin's controls and recording as automation, ALL of the plugin's current knob positions are also recorded as automation data overwriting any exising automation data.
Weird. I need to look at the code that is affected by automation, and see why that would be the case.

Sean

Thanks Sean :wink:
Windows 10. Asus X99-Pro i7 6950X 10 Core 3GHz (Overclocked to 3.5GHz). Corsair DDR4 64GB Vengeance LPX 2400MHz. RME RayDAT. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970. UAD2 Quad+Octo. Reaper. A couple of plugins.

I am having problems....I can not record automation live from the plugin in Logic 8. (in latch mode).....I can draw the automation in fine but not record it live....anyone know whats wrong? thanks.........btw....GREAT plugin =) I can not wait to record with it... =)

Return to “Valhalla DSP”