UHBIK V1.1 (thread from 2009 revived)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Urs:

Have you discovered the cause (assuming you've replicated it) of the audio breakdown on the Uhbik G unit? I have fallen in love with the thing (its now my favorite go-to detune/doubler) and it's getting a little tiresome toggling the thing back to life in the middle of a mix.

Just checking and hoping for a fix soon.

Also....is there any way to bring the inherent latency of the G's phase voc mode down some? I'd settle for half that amount. Possible?

BTW the addition of the +/-12dB trim in the Uhbik line was a great touch. Very, very handy.

Weasel-Boy wrote:Urs:

Have you discovered the cause (assuming you've replicated it) of the audio breakdown on the Uhbik G unit? I have fallen in love with the thing (its now my favorite go-to detune/doubler) and it's getting a little tiresome toggling the thing back to life in the middle of a mix.

Just checking and hoping for a fix soon.
I havn't found a fix yet. I'm going to add a little tweak though which will hopefully stop it from producing any dc-offsets.
Also....is there any way to bring the inherent latency of the G's phase voc mode down some? I'd settle for half that amount. Possible?
Sorry, but the latency is specific to the algorithm. The Phase Vocoder is based on FFT, and all FFT-based plugins require some latency. I could only bring it down by sacrificing audio quality quite a bit :cry:

I've thus seen the PhaseVoc mode rather as a bonus to the granular base of the effect.
BTW the addition of the +/-12dB trim in the Uhbik line was a great touch. Very, very handy.
Thanks! - This has indeed been the major point of critics across the magazine reviews. A simpel slider solves this ;)

This may sound rather odd, but, I would like to (in all seriousness) request that the oscilloscope from "Bazille", be offered as a Uhbik unit.

Or simply as a seperate app., from Bazille.

I love watching how it renders...

:oops:

Hi Urs, I know you've got a lot on your play atm, but any estimated release date for the final updated Uhbiks?

GMusic wrote:Hi Urs, I know you've got a lot on your play atm, but any estimated release date for the final updated Uhbiks?
I'm trying to release Zebra today and have a Release Candidate for Uhbiks tomorrow. That could mean that we might have a release of Uhbiks on Friday.

If however anything weird comes up, I'll have to leave Uhbiks in beta until I have a working setup in Melbourne in January.

One thing that might come inbetween is a rioting horde of freeloaders who will shortly realize that no u-he software has been proeprly cracked since Filterscape. It's supposed to be an entertaining early x-mas present for my loyal customer base, but it might screw my plans.

;) Urs

Urs wrote: One thing that might come inbetween is a rioting horde of freeloaders who will shortly realize that no u-he software has been proeprly cracked since Filterscape. It's supposed to be an entertaining early x-mas present for my loyal customer base, but it might screw my plans.

;) Urs
Aaah.. some more melting screens and stuff? :hihi: :tu:

Still got Uhbiks high on the list of my must buy list but your ACE is distracting me.. it's just too awesome.

Cheers!
bManic
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Urs wrote:I'm trying to release Zebra today and have a Release Candidate for Uhbiks tomorrow. That could mean that we might have a release of Uhbiks on Friday.
RC with Uhbix-X or just G? Also, if it's X, does that mean the final price of $199 will be in effect this friday?

xx JPRacer xx wrote:
Urs wrote:I'm trying to release Zebra today and have a Release Candidate for Uhbiks tomorrow. That could mean that we might have a release of Uhbiks on Friday.
RC with Uhbix-X or just G? Also, if it's X, does that mean the final price of $199 will be in effect this friday?
No worries, just G... I need a bit more time for X. A lot of X is done in Zebrify (the whole analysis section), but I need to streamline a lot. Main problem is that the Uhbik LFOs are very different from the LFOs I normally use, and I think they should be consistent in Uhbik-X. On the other hand, maybe they should be more versatile.

We'll see...

Shabdahbriah wrote:This may sound rather odd, but, I would like to (in all seriousness) request that the oscilloscope from "Bazille", be offered as a Uhbik unit.

Or simply as a seperate app., from Bazille.

I love watching how it renders...

:oops:
+1 I like a good oscilloscope (maybe more for watching osc's tho).

What's up in Melbourne (raises eyebrow). Zebra workshop?

H-man wrote:What's up in Melbourne (raises eyebrow). Zebra workshop?
3-month family visit. Hopefully a u-he user meet inbetween 8)

Urs wrote:...a rioting horde of freeloaders..
Hee hee, when does it begin :)

Urs wrote:
H-man wrote:What's up in Melbourne (raises eyebrow). Zebra workshop?
3-month family visit. Hopefully a u-he user meet inbetween 8)
Heh ...I'm game. Maybe put some 'face' back into this 24hr-cashless-faceless society :hihi:

todd_r wrote:
Urs wrote:...a rioting horde of freeloaders..
Hee hee, when does it begin :)
It wasn't as bad as I had thought, but the confusion was nice. Yesterday was my peak day in ACE sales, three times as much as an average day, after some people in various warez forums said they'd rather buy it than wait for a proper crack. So I think I can say for sure that the 3 extra hours spent on confusing crackers have paid off, and helped maybe a dozen of people to go legit.

Unfortunatly though I hadn't slept much the other night, yesterday was shitty with headaches and danger of mind failure, so I'm trying to work out Uhbik today.

;) Urs

Urs wrote:...some people in various warez forums said they'd rather buy it than wait for a proper crack. So I think I can say for sure that the 3 extra hours spent on confusing crackers have paid off, and helped maybe a dozen of people to go legit.
;) Urs
Nice 8)

Urs wrote:Unfortunatly though I hadn't slept much the other night, yesterday was shitty with headaches and danger of mind failure, so I'm trying to work out Uhbik today.
ouch! hope it has passed already! don't push it too hard, man.
member of the guild of professional dilettantes.

Return to “u-he”