automating artillery in FLStudio?

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Brand new Artillery user here!

Trying to understand how to set this up in FLStudio. I see it as an effect which I would like to play as if it were an instrument.

As an effect, it seems as if it has to be an insert in a mixer channel. But I would love to control it with a piano roll, which seems to only be available for instruments. I see no way to target an effect with a piano roll.

Any ideas for setting up piano roll triggering?

use a MIDI Out generator. set the midi output to a port #.. set the artillery effect midi input port to the same port # you set for your MIDI out generator. you then use the MIDI out to send midi to artillery.

Huh, I could have sworn I had already tried that, but couldn't see the keys on the artillery keyboard being activated in response to the piano roll keys.

Looking at it more closely, I see that the activity only shows on the keyboard if the note being played is in a key range assigned to an effect. My hastily constructed trouble-shooting piano roll started with notes in the octave below the first defined range, so it looked as if the notes were not being passed to Artillery!

My bad. Thanks for getting me back on track. :D

np :) it would be a nice feature to still show the key downs even if you're not in range, imo.

Return to “Sugar Bytes”