Eloquence out of sync in Logic

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That's a real shame, I have been testing thesys in logic and trying to record midi seems impossible.

A major show stopper. There must be a better way to get midi recorded other than the iac bus.

What about creating your own virtual midi port with latency compensation, or an option to offset the iac latency in thesys?

Sugar Bytes wrote:The Effectrix update including swing is coming still this year,
the Thesys midi export/drag n drop is just something we currently think about.
It requires deeper research since the individual loopbars really make it a heavy task to put out something that has one startpoint and one endpoint.

best
Rico

topaz wrote:I have been testing thesys in logic and trying to record midi seems impossible.
I have investigated the issue and can confirm that it's in fact impossible, not only with Thesys but also with other MIDI generating AU plugins (eg. noatikl, Bidule).

Logic seems to apply some quirky delay compensation on recording, shifting the notes by some amount to the left (early). But the real problem is that this "feature" doesn't work reliably and may differ from one take to another. So I think there is no safe way to re-compensate Logic's faulty behavior.

it seems to work great using the VST inside kore 2 AU but.. I am not sure how happy I am having sequences stuck inside kore 2 with no way to get the midi out into logic.

broc wrote:
topaz wrote:I have been testing thesys in logic and trying to record midi seems impossible.
I have investigated the issue and can confirm that it's in fact impossible, not only with Thesys but also with other MIDI generating AU plugins (eg. noatikl, Bidule).

Logic seems to apply some quirky delay compensation on recording, shifting the notes by some amount to the left (early). But the real problem is that this "feature" doesn't work reliably and may differ from one take to another. So I think there is no safe way to re-compensate Logic's faulty behavior.

Yes, a delay parameter to compensate host timing issues could be something we can do quickly.

Sugar Bytes wrote:Yes, a delay parameter to compensate host timing issues could be something we can do quickly.
But it wouldn't help to eliminate the random variations (jitter) in Logic which I've found to be quite significant (10-20msec).

Return to “Sugar Bytes”