how can i create snare drum resonance on a recorded sound?

How to make that sound...
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i have a set of drum brushes i play on various things to get nice, soft percussive sounds and the drum brush swoosh, which i love. however, i'm not a drummer and hence don't have any real drums. when swooshing with brushes on a surface similar to the surface of a snare, i get a nice snare-like swoosh, but of course hitting that surface doesn't resonant like a snare at all, so i was wondering of there's any simple trick to make my snare-less brush recordings resonate like they're being played on a real drum. i was wondering if something like ariesverb could help out for the resonance, but i have to admit i haven't yet mastered using it for much else than reverb and delay. also, to get the sound of the actual snares themselves, anyone have any ideas? are there impulse responses of snares, and is such a thing even possible?

this isn't something i really need to do so much as something i was just wondering about.

Layer the recorded brush swoosh with a soft snare sample?

try and find some Impulse responses from some real snares and run your swooshes and hits through them. if you mix the IR in at a lower level you could probably get something pretty convincing.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

yeah, i was wondering if some impulse responses would do it or not. guess i'll give it a shot. just gotta find some snare drum impulses. thanks.

Was also wondering where I could find impulse responses specifically of and for different drums hits (mostly for acoustic to digital).

Please if anyone knows of some, pm me or post links.

Thanks in advance..

edit found some MP60 IR from faithfull Goldbaby

At the bottom:

http://www.goldbaby.co.nz/freestuff.html
stay juicy!

Return to “Sound Design”