(EDITED) Guzheng problem/ChineeKong problem

Official support for: chineekong.com & kongaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I'm using Sibelius 5 to host all of these wonderful VSTi's. An unusual choice, I realize, but I've never been able to get the hang of sequencers like Cubase (Cubase's sheet music function is simply awful). Plus, I use it in conjunction with my other VST's (Garritan Personal Orchestra) which work much better in Sibelius.

All of them work well except for Guzheng. It sounds fine except that everything plays back starting a whole step lower. On sustained notes, given enough length, the note bends up to the proper pitch and begins to tremolo. I'm guessing that there is some sort of default note value in Sibelius that is causing this. This happens regardless of which preset I use. I notice that, whenever I change the preset, the first note that's played back sounds fine, but as soon as it plays, the knobs and dials and sliders on the GUI all change to new values.

If it helps any, I'm not using a MIDI keyboard, either. I have Windows Vista 64-bit edition, and my only MIDI keyboard isn't compatible with it.

EDIT: I fixed the previous problem. For anyone using Sibelius 5, you must disable "Send program changes" in the Playback tab of Sibelius's preferences.

There's a new problem, though. This problem is with ChineeKong. I do have the latest version of the plugin, but I'm not able to get it working under Sibelius. I can't get any playback from any VST's or other output devices whatsoever when I have ChineeKong enabled as an output device, and when I hit play, Sibelius acts as if it's playing, but the progress par never moves past 0:00:00. Even if I manually move it, playback never actually begins, and it stays in limbo.

Any suggestions?

Return to “Kong Audio”