64 bit support

Official support for: chineekong.com & kongaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Will any of the kong audio products ever have 64-bit Vista support? I've moved to 64-bit and it's a pity I can't use any of the instruments. I was very much looking forward to getting them, until I realised that 64-bit isn't supported.

cheez wrote:Will any of the kong audio products ever have 64-bit Vista support? I've moved to 64-bit and it's a pity I can't use any of the instruments. I was very much looking forward to getting them, until I realised that 64-bit isn't supported.
Can you run them in 32 bit compatibility mode?

Cheers,
Alex 8)

Don't know. I don't have any of the Kong Audio stuff yet. But the website distinctively said that 64-bit is not supported (in bold).

:shrug:

Hmmm... Are there really that many DAW applications and VSTi that will run on 64 bit Vista now? I am not sure...

It has been the Mid Autumn Moon Festival holiday here in China, but someone from KA should get back to you shortly. :)

Cheers,
Alex 8)

EDITED: Please see my later post in the thread for our position on the 64-bit OS.
Last edited by sosayweall on Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks. I'll do that.

Actually, most of the NI VST plugins work in 64 bit environment (32 bit emulation) although they cannot utilise more than 4GB of RAM (actually 3GB as 1GB is reserved for the OS). Waiting for Kontakt 3 to support 64 bit (should be coming out soon?) - then I'll be able to load more than 4GB. VSL's engine is already 64-bit compatible. So is East West's PLAY engine. We'll be seeing more 64-bit plugins soon. Hope Kong Audio will consider moving towards 64 bit - that's where DAW is heading...

cheez wrote:Thanks. I'll do that.

Actually, most of the NI VST plugins work in 64 bit environment (32 bit emulation) although they cannot utilise more than 4GB of RAM (actually 3GB as 1GB is reserved for the OS). Waiting for Kontakt 3 to support 64 bit (should be coming out soon?) - then I'll be able to load more than 4GB. VSL's engine is already 64-bit compatible. So is East West's PLAY engine. We'll be seeing more 64-bit plugins soon. Hope Kong Audio will consider moving towards 64 bit - that's where DAW is heading...
may I ask which host you are using?
is there any host besides Sonar that supports 64bit?

q7 wrote:
cheez wrote:Thanks. I'll do that.

may I ask which host you are using?
is there any host besides Sonar that supports 64bit?
Cubase and Nuendo has 64 bit versions as well. Reaper too.

I use Sonar 7PE. And yes, Steinberg has joined the 64-bit wagon.

I have to apologize and modify our statement regarding 64-bit OS here.

Our plugins don't support XP 64, so if your OS is XP 64, don't buy our plugins. We can't even help you register the plugins.

Our plugins can be run under Vista 64 - but not officially supported. So if your OS is Vista 64, and you are using 32-bit host in it, then you can buy our plugs - as we know, at this point of time, our plugs run fine under Vista 64 in 32-bit hosts, and we will help you register the plugins as long as we can.
Last edited by sosayweall on Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.

sosayweall wrote:Our plugins don't support XP 64, so if your OS is XP 64, don't buy our plugins. We won't even help you register the plugins.
seams like I forgot this thread...
I'm on windows 2003 x64 and I never had any problems with KongAudio plugins.
As windows2003 is basically the same as XP I don't think there will be any issues on XP.
But I use a 32bit host.

I am running all kongaudio plugins in win xp64 under sonar 8 PE 64bit using bit bridge and don't have any problems with it.

Return to “Kong Audio”