Example Script

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I tried out the example script but it doesn't seem like anything is happening.

1. My FCB is setup to only send midi note messages. (All banks)

2. I downloaded the example.lua and placed it the directory I had to create in library/application support/expert sleepers/augustus loop/scripts

3. Placed augustus loop on an audio track, setup a midi track to send midi to the audio track

4. midi notes from the fcb are getting into live but augustus loop does not respond

I'm sure it probably something stupid I'm not realizing but I can't figure it out. I like using midi notes message with Mobius and SL and would like to keep my FCB setup that way...... it seems like scripts are the answer if I wanna experiment more with augustus loop and control it with my fcb1010.

Thanks,

Todd

Did you check in the Console for the debug ("script running") messages (mentioned in the manual in slightly more depth)?

Even without the script, AL should respond to MIDI notes around middle C, to control the Pitch parameter.

What version of AL? VST or AU?

I checked out the notes and the pitch parameter does respond around middle c. I apologize for my ignorance but how do I check the console?

I did go to the manual first when I was trying to figure this out but all I read was a section on learn my example, about sharing scripts, where the script locations are, and then starts listing off the different script functions. I guess I am not sure where you are talking about in the manual.

Todd

Oh yeah I'm using the AU plug within Live

Thanks again

After the function listing there's a section called 'debugging', as I recall.

Console is in the Utilities folder, within Applications.

Sorry Os I got side tracked.

I checked Console and this is what it said...

===== Monday, February 2, 2009 2:58:07 PM US/Eastern =====
m_physicalRamSize 1.87GB
Example Augustus Loop MIDI customisation script running at Mon Feb 2 14:58:21 2009
Example Augustus Loop MIDI customisation script running at Mon Feb 2 14:58:21 2009

I assume that means the script is running so maybe its just me and I just don't understand how to use the example script.

I have my fcb programed to midi notes so with this script tapping one of my pedals should trigger the 1st-4th event?

Nothing is happening when I send midi notes to augustus. I use the fcb with midi notes with mobius and SL. Live is receiving midi so its not the fcb or live.

Thanks for any help you can provide os,

Todd

Yup, so it looks like the script is running. The only thing I can think could be wrong is that you're sending the wrote MIDI notes - the example script is geared for notes 84 & 85. You could use something like MIDI Monitor by Snoize to check what values you're sending.

Return to “Expert Sleepers”