UHBIK Bug Reports

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey Ladies!

Instead of cluttering up the other Uhbik related threads I start this thread for Bug Reports on UHBIKs and begin with reporting some small oddities.

1. On OS X 10.5.6 using Two Finger Swipe (aka scrolling) on a control makes them behave erratic. The corresponding control is immediately set to a position between 10 and 11 o'clock and only go back and forth slightly upon swiping the two fingers (scrolling).

2. Upon first installation of OS X 10.5.6 an error popped up (unfortunately I did not write it down, but it said something about "script") and the installation is reported as failed. Nevertheless the plugins work. Doing a second installation just over the first one is reported as successful with no error popping up.

3. Using a frequency range of "1/1" or "1/16" in Uhbik-S on Windows with Live 7.0.12 as and then changing host tempo doesn't seem to have any effect on sound whereas I'd expect tempo changes to correspond to changes of frequency range. I may be just doing something wrong though?! :shrug:
We're all mad in here...

Yup, 1 & 2 are known.

3 seems to be a misunderstanding of the control. If you set the amount of shift to 100 with a frequency range of 1/1, and you have a project of 120 bpm, then the actual shift is 1/2 Hz. You can't hear that unless Mix is at about 50%, or if you have a bit of feedback.

Thanks for the quick feedback. Since 1 and 2 are known lets concentrate on 3.

I used the "Spectrum" tool to visualize UHBIK-S on a simple sine wave input. The shifting is very visible on the spectrum, the higher you push the "Shift" towards 100 the faster the shifting happens.

But both "1/1" and "1/16" are only affected by the setting of the "Shift" control while host Tempo has no visible effect at all. I would expect that there should be a considerable difference between 20 bpm and 999 bpm, but there seems to be none. Happens on OS X, too, same Live 7.0.12.

We are talking about 1/1 beats and 1/16 beats here aka host tempo synced operation, aren't we? I might confuse that and just be utterly wrong with my assumption. :D
We're all mad in here...

999 bpm is a shift of, uhm, 8 Hz or so. It's hard to make out on a 1kHz sine...

Have you tried a sawtooth waveform and listening to it? Keep mix at 50% though...

I'm *very* sure that it works...

Is it normal that U-he plugins lose their registered status from time to time?
I had it three days ago on my laptop (just when I was doing a render to send of to the mastering engineer), and right now with my uhbik registration.

It's not that hard to enter the codes again, but it took me some time before I figured out where the crackles were coming from the first time.

Kyran wrote:Is it normal that U-he plugins lose their registered status from time to time?
I had it three days ago on my laptop (just when I was doing a render to send of to the mastering engineer), and right now with my uhbik registration.

It's not that hard to enter the codes again, but it took me some time before I figured out where the crackles were coming from the first time.
Hmmm... that's weird, indeed. What system are you on?

Can you send me your reg files?

MacHD/Users/You/Library/Applicatiuon Support/com.u-he.PluginName.plist
C:\Program Files\u-he\Support\com.u-he.PluginName.User.txt

-> anybody@u-he.com

:oops:

Windows vista.

I'll do that later tonight when I get home from work.

Wait a minute. Are we posting issues here now, or in FOP?
stay juicy!

Optomadic wrote:Wait a minute. Are we posting issues here now, or in FOP?
We can post real issues here now. FOP is intended to be more like a FAQ. Frequently Occurring Problems are not necessarily bugs ;)

Can anybody confirm that mono processing works in the AU versions? I've just tried in Logic and had no problem at all...

Urs wrote:
Kyran wrote:Is it normal that U-he plugins lose their registered status from time to time?

Hmmm... that's weird, indeed. What system are you on?

Can you send me your reg files?

MacHD/Users/You/Library/Applicatiuon Support/com.u-he.PluginName.plist
C:\Program Files\u-he\Support\com.u-he.PluginName.User.txt

-> anybody@u-he.com

:oops:
I had that as well, but so far only once. Also Vista 64. Host = Live 7.0.12

Cheers,

Thomas

Urs wrote:Have you tried a sawtooth waveform and listening to it? Keep mix at 50% though...

I'm *very* sure that it works...
I tried the Sawtooth and 50% mix thing and additionally to Live I also tried using Kore 2 and Reaper as a host with FM8 running into Uhbik-A.

There doesn't seem to be any audible nor visible (on a spectrum) correlation between host Tempo and Frequency Range with "1/1" or "1/16" settings. The Shift control works as expected, but regardless of wether the host runs at 10 bpm or 999 bpm, with the same Shift setting it always sounds the same.

Maybe I'm expecting the wrong result? I would thing that a higher host Tempo corresponds to a higher Frequency Range value (short timespan for 1/1 and 1/16 notes aka higher frequency)!?
We're all mad in here...

Oh... you're absoluetly right... S doesn't react on timing changes. Fixed - next update will have it working :oops:

:tu: :P
We're all mad in here...

Return to “u-he”